What's new

Finally found my first Merc dime,,, and shes a beauty

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2010
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
586
Golden Thread
0
Location
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally found my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

I took the last two days off to go hunting because yesterday was my bday but it's been way too hot. Today was around 85° for a few hours so I went out for a bit to a wooded area I hunt every once in a while. I saw a little clearing off the main path and decided to hunt it. I got my first silver coin in the form of a 1945 Merc.. This thing looks like it's been in the ground since the day it was minted. It made my day...

Sorry, this is probably a boring find to most of you but it's my first so I thought I'd share.

*The dots on the neck are rain. I took the photos in the sunlight from the windowsill*
 

Attachments

  • merc.dirty.webp
    merc.dirty.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 781
  • merc.front.webp
    merc.front.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 783
  • merc.back.webp
    merc.back.webp
    52.7 KB · Views: 790
Upvote 0
Re: Finally forund my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

Congrats on the first. Hope there are many more to come.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu
 
Re: Finally forund my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

Don't know that I've ever seen a dug merc with full split bands (around the bundle on reverse)
Argentium.
 
Re: Finally forund my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

Nice Merc dime man! 1945-D also!

I've been detecting for 18 years ~ I've only dug 2 1945-D Merc dimes, but I've dug 22 1945-S Merc dimes!
 
Re: Finally forund my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

A beauty indeed. :icon_thumright: Congrats on your first Merc.
 
Re: Finally forund my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

:thumbsup: Congrats WIT ! No this is not boring at all. I'm still still looking for my 1st Merc. I got a Barber already
but the Merc has been elusive. That's nice, and like you said, looks like its been in the ground since it was minted.
 
Re: Finally forund my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

Congrats :headbang: She sure is a beauty. I'd most definitely celebrate with a beer...or three :laughing7:

Silver coins are like women, you never forget your first :thumbsup: :laughing9:
 
Re: Finally forund my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

njnydigger said:
Congrats :headbang: She sure is a beauty. I'd most definitely celebrate with a beer...or three :laughing7:

Silver coins are like women, you never forget your first :thumbsup: :laughing9:

Oh, I've had some beers, Johnnie Walker as well ;D
 
Re: Finally forund my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

Argentium said:
Don't know that I've ever seen a dug merc with full split bands (around the bundle on reverse)
Argentium.

Really? I value your opinion so I like that post.
 
Re: Finally forund my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

Minty fresh! Thank you for the ''before'' pic.
 
Re: Finally forund my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

Congrats on your first!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I still remember mine!

Not a boring post - sharing the excitement is where it's at!
 
Re: Finally forund my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

I never tire of seeing a pretty little merc. posted on here - and they are always a joy to detect.
Argentium.
 
Re: Finally forund my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

love them mercs...wtg....hh
 
Re: Finally forund my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

Congrats on your first Mercury Dime. I have only found 3 in my 2 or so years detecting. In my opinion any silver coin is a great score. To me the mercury dime is the best looking US coin ever made. Something about it just stands out. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Finally forund my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

good job, thats one off the list, now aim for a seated :hello2:
 
Re: Finally forund my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

:icon_thumright: wtg on the first merc , shes beautiful man ......the Mers are one of my favorites :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Finally forund my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

My first ever coin found was a 1943 merc, and ill never forget finding that baby.....Congrats on your first silver hopefully many more to come.....
 
Re: Finally forund my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

Very nice, congrats!
 
Re: Finally forund my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

Great find.....and it is a pretty one.
I've been hunting for about 35+ years, and IT NEVER GETS OLD.....only better.
Don't be shy posting......we all had our firsts......and we celebrate with you. May you find many more.....
and other denominations, as well. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom