What's new

Finally found my first Merc dime,,, and shes a beauty

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2010
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
586
Golden Thread
0
Location
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally found my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

I took the last two days off to go hunting because yesterday was my bday but it's been way too hot. Today was around 85° for a few hours so I went out for a bit to a wooded area I hunt every once in a while. I saw a little clearing off the main path and decided to hunt it. I got my first silver coin in the form of a 1945 Merc.. This thing looks like it's been in the ground since the day it was minted. It made my day...

Sorry, this is probably a boring find to most of you but it's my first so I thought I'd share.

*The dots on the neck are rain. I took the photos in the sunlight from the windowsill*
 

Attachments

  • merc.dirty.webp
    merc.dirty.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 781
  • merc.front.webp
    merc.front.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 783
  • merc.back.webp
    merc.back.webp
    52.7 KB · Views: 790
Upvote 0
Re: Finally forund my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

That is so awesome. I started detecting last year. Didn't find any Merc's and it was on my wish list. Found one with my Ace 250 early in the spring this year, and 3 with my DFX this summer. Still haven't found anything Barber or Seated, or a Buff Nickle. But I am on the prowl..
Nothing better than seeing that silver in the dirt.

HH
 
Re: Finally forund my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

Congrats! Silver is NEVER a boring find. Wishing you great success to find many more silver. HH
 
Re: Finally forund my first Merc dime,,, and she's a beauty

Great job finding the silver... :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom