What's new

FINALLY found ONE 2009 dime while searching!

jrf30

Bronze Member
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
385
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
It's been over a year since they came out, and unlike the quarters they look just like the year before. Nothing special. Yet the 2009 dimes are HARD to find. I've been searching all year, and have tellers at about 30 banks looking, and have found NONE before today. Finally found ONE 2009 dime. I put that with my ONE 2009 nickel that was found in Puerto Rico by my brother as we were getitng on a cruise ship in September (And nothing since on nickels either), and that leaves me still woefullly short in colelcting a roll of each mint mark!

Anyone else finding any 2009 dimes or nickels? have some you are willing to sell at face or thereabouts? :-)
 
Upvote 0
I searched 160,000 dimes last year and found one. That was in August I believe. I started looking for them in late Febuary. I have found one this year. So now I have 2.
Neither one is in great shape. Any idea how many were made?
 
dave5710 said:
I searched 160,000 dimes last year and found one. That was in August I believe. I started looking for them in late Febuary. I have found one this year. So now I have 2.
Neither one is in great shape. Any idea how many were made?

I'll give you $.20 for them
 
dave5710 said:
I searched 160,000 dimes last year and found one. That was in August I believe. I started looking for them in late Febuary. I have found one this year. So now I have 2.
Neither one is in great shape. Any idea how many were made?
I've heard that they made less than any other year since the 1950's. But that still is a LOT of them. However, they were sent to the Fed Banks, and there has not been a demand for them from banks, so they are still sitting, waiting to be distributed. It would not be the first time that happened. I know that MILLIONS of Morgan and Peace dollars were sold by the Fed in the 1970's at face value because they were in vaults until then. Many (millions) were melted, and many were sold. All in mint condition, all brand new, even though almost 100 years old. I heard of people putting bags in pick up trucks, but don't know if that is true or not. Anyway, the 2009 dimes exist, but many are still sitting. And who knows if they will distribute them, or what will happen. But they are rare, and I'd sure like to find a few more! :-)
 
I have not seen one yet, and still have only found one 2009P nickel. And the nickel was all beat up already :-\
 
I found 1 2009 nickel and it wasnt in the best of shape. I just hung on to it because I have yet to see any more. And I go through a lot of nickels a month.
 
I haven't seen a 2009 dime or nickel here on the east coast.
rileyboy
 
i have found one 2009 dime. still have not found a 2009 nickel
 
I've found (2) 2009P dimes,no 2009 Nickels yet!
 
I just started looking and already I found one dime. 2009 P!!
 
Wow, found one today and thought nothing of it and put it back in the roll. I guess I'll search for them every once and a while. I did find an entire roll of 1966 dimes today. Anyone want 'em?

OWS
 
I found a full box of the 2009 Dimes. I think it was in June of 09.
HH
Rich
 
Rich Hartford said:
I found a full box of the 2009 Dimes. I think it was in June of 09.
HH
Rich

Rich,

If you find another box of the 2009 dimes, give your buddies here on Tnet a shot at them if we want them. :-) I'd love ot buy a few (Not a whole box, but maybe a roll or two) and I bet others woudl too, as long as you are willing to not sell for the ridiculous prices they want on feebay. Make a profit, share with your friends, and don't dig us too hard, and we'd all be winners. :-)

If you find another full box.
 
fistfulladirt said:
I probably won't find one, unless it has a silver rim.
Im with ya on that clad does nothing for me unless I can turn it around on feebay like the 2009 pennies and put back into silver. Found 4 2010 pennies yest kept them to see if they are worth selling and seems not much there anymore so prolly will relaease them soon.
 
quiksilver said:
LOL I get 2009 dimes like politicians that lie.

Can I buy some from you? Since they are common by you, just wrap up 10 in an envelope and I"ll send you $1.50 (the dimes plus the postage) and you can send them out to me. It would be a favor to me, cost you nothing, and help someone on the board. A nice thing to do.

WIlling to send 10 out? :-)
 
Got 3 today in my change at Mickey-Dees...fresh out of a roll. Almost went inside to see if they had any rolls, but was in a huge hurry.

Joad
 
They stopped making them because of the bad economy. Everyone and their brother was turning in rolled coins to make ends meet. Because of this banks weren't ordering coin from the reserve and the reserve wasn't ordering from the mint. My guess is the same will probably happen this year. I have only found 3 dimes, no nickels. I believe none were made after May last year.
HH
enamel7
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom