coinman123
Silver Member
- #1
Thread Owner
A few times this year I noticed that my metal detector, a T2 SE, would freak out the whole hunt. I always thought that it was underground wires or coil problems. On Sunday I realized that whenever my phone, a Galaxy S4, is on, my metal detector freaks out. I almost always have it off, but the few times I have it on, my metal detector will start acting like I have my pro-pointer on (which also makes my metal detector freak out). Does anyone have a problem with their cell phone making their metal detector go crazy.

.
. The times I brought it with me were to take photos of what ever I find, probably four times, every time I brought it my metal detect freaks out. I normally don't metal detect alone, and who ever comes with me seems to always bring their phone with them. I try to stay pretty far away from my metal detecting partners, to avoid any metal detector interference, a lot of times they are completely out of view (I check one area, they check another). If I am ever alone I will keep it off in my pocket, just in case I get lost in the middle of nowhere, otherwise it is in the car (so I can quickly research anything cool I find when I get back to the parking lot). 99% of my hunts are spent deep in the woods, it kind of kills the feeling of being in the middle of nature, in some long gone 18th century settlement, when my phone starts trying to talk to me. I don't care if the queen of England is calling me, if I am metal detecting, my mind stays on metal detecting 






