What's new

Finally found the coin Ive been looking for

Fropa

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
511
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Finally found the coin I've been looking for

I've have had a string of skunk or 1-2 40% boxes the last few months. This week was finally better. I got my weekly box and my wife found a 40% in her first roll. I found a 64 in my second roll. It kept going like that finding a keeper every few rolls. We found 2 proofs, 1 63 Franklin, 2 90%, 14 40%, a 74-D DDO, and a Panama 1/2 Balboa. My wife pulled the coin I've been looking for for about a year now, a 2006-D. It is the last coin I've needed to complete my first set from roll hunting. For me that was more exciting than finding the Franklin.

24APR08_Total.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Re: Finally found the coin I've been looking for

Nice score. I know the feeling. I got me a first today too :thumbsup:
HH, SF :icon_jokercolor:
 
Re: Finally found the coin I've been looking for

Nice!
What a great feeling to fill a whole book!
Congrats!
 
Re: Finally found the coin I've been looking for

That was a nice variety box 8)


Congrats on filling your book :thumbsup:
 
Re: Finally found the coin I've been looking for

Thanks everybody. It is nice to finally complete 1 book. Now I have to keep working on the one that includes proofs. The Balboa was my first one of those also. It has a very mirrored background, not sure if it is a proof or not.
 
Re: Finally found the coin I've been looking for

Congrats on finishing that book Fropa. Nice haul on the silver as well!!

The Balboa looks to be in really good shape too.
 
Re: Finally found the coin I've been looking for

Thanks LJ. Much more fun going through a box like this than a skunk. The Balboa is in really good shape.
 
Re: Finally found the coin I've been looking for

Wish Id have known that, I had a box full of 05's-06's about a month ago...I sent 'em all back to the wild. I dont do books but I can appreciate those that do.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom