Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad haul, Iā€™ve got a pretty nice gravel bar but oddly I never find anything there, all time, two points broken in half long ways, and one little scallorn that almost doesnā€™t count it was more sitting up on the side of a mud bankā€¦ maybe I just donā€™t have they eye for stream hunting.

Iā€™m leaning perforator on the one. Seems like even if it was narrowed more it would have a weird proportion of length to width

OP
OP
DirtyHandsCleanPoints

DirtyHandsCleanPoints

Mar 30, 2024
Not a bad haul, Iā€™ve got a pretty nice gravel bar but oddly I never find anything there, all time, two points broken in half long ways, and one little scallorn that almost doesnā€™t count it was more sitting up on the side of a mud bankā€¦ maybe I just donā€™t have they eye for stream hunting.

Iā€™m leaning perforator on the one. Seems like even if it was narrowed more it would have a weird proportion of length to width
I didnā€™t think about it being a perf. Nice call. And Iā€™ve only ever hunted creeks, streams and cut banks 20 years develops a decent eye for worked edges and shapes. I do give myself the best shot possible by doing some recon on google earth, old maps and the internet before I go to a new spot and itā€™s created a handful of good sites that produces at least something every time. Topographic maps can help a lot as well.

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I didnā€™t think about it being a perf. Nice call. And Iā€™ve only ever hunted creeks, streams and cut banks 20 years develops a decent eye for worked edges and shapes. I do give myself the best shot possible by doing some recon on google earth, old maps and the internet before I go to a new spot and itā€™s created a handful of good sites that produces at least something every time. Topographic maps can help a lot as well.
I have all different sizes of drill bits in my toolbox. Lots of times when drilling I will use a thin drill and work my way up to a bigger drill so I get the proper sized hole I want.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions