What's new

FINALLY got my first ever WALKER

jrf30

Bronze Member
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
385
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
After 3 years of searching, I finally got a Walker. And of COURSE it did NOT come from a box. My boxes still are culled by someone before they hit the street, IMHO. They HAVE to be, since I still find only about 1 silver per 11 boxes searched this year, but the supply going in is MUCH higher than that.

Whenever I find a bank that has a few bucks worth of halves, they are good scores. that's what happened today.

I went in to a new (to me) Wells Fargo to deposit some rent checks that came in. I was in Scottsdale instead of my usual areas. The teller had no halves, but I asked if anyone else did. She checked and came back with $4.50. OUt of that I found

1- 40%
1 - WALKER!!!!

My first EVER Walker. It is a beat up coin ("Uncirculated" in my book, of course, since it is my first lol. Sorta like that first deer, which is ALWAYS a 6 pointer - western count) but still it is a Walker. And I got 2 silver out of 9 coins!

I get that a lot. I'll find a teller with coins, and I get maybe $10 and I find 3 or 4 silver in it. So I KNOW that silver is going "into" the system. And I know I don't get it all before it is turned in. But nothing comes "out" of that system in the boxes. I think somehow someone is culling at the rolling factory. I know it has been discussed, and I can't prove it, nor have I talked to anyone, but I think out here at least they have a way to cull. Too much disappears and never makes it back out.

But I found a Walker!!!!!!

It's a 1934S by the way. :-)
 
Upvote 0
Congrats! I still only have one to this day. I believe mine is a 1944. :icon_thumright:
 
Congrats and you were due for one. And your idea about culling has been brought up. They would have to get past the security though. I think Rich was talking about that in another post, don't remember which though.
 
I mentioned it and then Rich mentioned he read on a post. I met a man who said he goes to a local sorting center often and he said there are those who sort silver there. This is local problem where I am at and there also, but obviously not in most of the east. Most I have gotten from a box is 5, then 4 all others have been 1 or 2 or skunks. out of about 40 boxes.
I agree there must be more going in than coming out. so we will have to get it first. Con grats on the walker !!! I got a very smooth barber last week but I love walkers.
 
The first day I ever walked into a bank , first bank, I asked for halfs and got a Walker and 2 bens. Have not found another in a bank since. Congrats.
 
:icon_thumright:

That is unreal - 3 years - no Walkers!
AZ must be a dry hole for silver.
 
Congrats. If you are anything like me I could not put the thing down or stop looking at it for hours. I loved the look of her. Like Eve in the garden of Eden boyz. Like Eve in the garden of Eden.

Golden Silver
 
Congrats on your first Walker :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'm amazed that it has taken so long to find one.
Could just be a regional thing. I've never found a 1970 or a 1955 and they are found all the time.
HH
Rich
 
Congrats on your first walker just have to love that lady when she walks into your life . Happy hunting RON
 
nice, a proud day in the life of any coin roll hunter
 
golden silver said:
Congrats. If you are anything like me I could not put the thing down or stop looking at it for hours. I loved the look of her. Like Eve in the garden of Eden boyz. Like Eve in the garden of Eden.

Golden Silver

GS, you have given so much valuable information to others, let me pass some on to you.

DON'T EAT THE FRUIT
 
Congrats! That's great !
Enjoy
 
Funny how that works, I've found a dozen walkers, a '55, but never a '70. :dontknow:
 
I've found 2 walkers in 5 boxes so far but not a singlke Ben to date...
 
good for you JRF.... i remember finding Ben after Ben but no Walkers for over a year. i have found a few since but the Bens seem to outnumber the Walkers like 10 to 1.(not counting that incredible stash of uncirculated Bens) here's to finding many more :occasion14:
 
mistergee said:
good for you JRF.... i remember finding Ben after Ben but no Walkers for over a year. i have found a few since but the Bens seem to outnumber the Walkers like 10 to 1.(not counting that incredible stash of uncirculated Bens) here's to finding many more :occasion14:

thanks guys (And gals).

Found anothe Ben this week. Only silver in 4 boxes. One silver, and yet a Ben. Go figure.
 
Good dealings! I am learning to ask "if any other tellers" have any halves. It does work now and then. Love the first Walker--I have only found 2 since Jan.

apush :read2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom