Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I was telling my kids the other day, that as soon as Halloween is here the weather will turn cold!
Right on time, I woke up to rain and way colder weather!
Stay warm CK!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I awoke this morning to 63 degrees. Furnace wasn't doing its job. Changed the batteries in thermostat. Took them out of AT Pro.

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Turned my furnace on 4 days ago. 23 degrees this morning at 8:00.

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I awoke this morning to 63 degrees. Furnace wasn't doing its job. Changed the batteries in thermostat. Took them out of AT Pro.

Such a sad feeling having to take batteries out of detector to use else where.

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HA! I guess you've got to do what you've got to do!

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turned my furnace on 4 days ago. 23 degrees this morning at 8:00.
DAMN! when I got this AM, it was 45 deg. and I thought that was cold!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Woke up this morning 68 inside, 42 outside. The 1500w space heater is still good to go. Hard to beat 6" of wall insulation. I am still setting up for the small, multifuel heater that is on the way. Wood is free, electrify is gold plated. I just have to install the thimble in the wall and hook it up when it arrives. When it checks out, I will add 50' of copper 1/2" tubing around it and tie it to my 2000' of PEX in the slab. From then on, it will be a toosie warming 68 to 70 floor to ceiling for just the cost of running the circulatory pump. I put the original heating system that I made in when I built the house. I have been heating it with a 40 gal electric hot water heater but electric rates continue to climb.
The new heater is an Army , new, 18" X 24" unit I got from Sportsmans Guide. (G4D-582586) It can burn heating oil, jet fuel, wood and coal. It comes with all the controls and fuel tubing, flue pipe and a cast iron grate for wood. It requires no electricity so when the power goes out, I don't freeze. Liquid fuel is gravity feed. Hay, it was under $200. Frank five star.png
111-1 profile.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread