Finally!! My Silver Coin Cherry has been every so gently taken by a 1946 Rosie!

shoague

Dec 29, 2014
Frederick, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro AT, Garrett Propointer+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I had a great day today with my 109 13 year old cherubs and decided to swing my AT for an hour or so. I have found Gold rings, necklaces, earrings but as of yet no silver coins. This is all over now. I have found my first. Its all down hill from here. I started swinging my Garrett 350 in January and bought my Pro just recently. I posted a pic of the clad only to show those doubters that I really did find this coin. I have put in the work.

I was amazed how clean it came out. The soil fell off. When I found the gold rings they were packed with dirt. The ATPro makes such a difference. I have gotten into the habit of having the descrimination off and hearing everything. This helps me find stuff I have overlooked in the past. This is one of those.

IMG_0556.JPG IMG_0555.JPG

Upvote 15

digndeep

Jul 28, 2014
cambridge,md
Detector(s) used
Xp ORX, whites v3, whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first silver! My first was also a rosie 1964...I'm always living on the edge..lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your first Silver Coin, and many more! :occasion14:

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done, my first was a 1943P War Nickel. Many more will follow.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent first silver to "break the ice " You got the first year of the series too ! Not bad at all .

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go on the sweet Rosie. And a quick question too, is the AT Pro a lot better than your Ace350? I am thinking of upgrading too (probably next spring), and just wondered if you felt the AT Pro was satisfactory for the money?

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
now u got the sound for it! great job and congrats! feels real good i bet ur still lookin at it!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rustic,
I know you werent asking me but I'll huck this out there.There is no comparison between atp and 350..none.atp is a huge step up.I have a 350 as a loaner/back up.it is a good machine and does exactly what it was designed to do.The main differance is information and ability in iron/trash infested sites.The atp is an exemplory machine(with 5x8 coil)for these sites.

I live and hunt in mtns at 8000ft.in an old mining district..heavy mineralization and super trashy in mining camp areas.I have owned several mid and high end machines from fisher,minelab and garrett.the atp is the best producer I have ever had.

I got my wife an atp this spring,with 5x8 coil.When we hunt together we hunt snow play areas,along lakeshore and parks(she loves parks)her keeper count is off the charts improved with atp.she wont use her trusty ol f2,350 or gtax 1250 ever now.She learned the machine in pro mode and I suggest you do as well.I HIGHLY recomend the 5x8 coil too.

good luck

OP
OP
shoague

shoague

Dec 29, 2014
Frederick, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without a doubt. I am able to really distinguish differences. The numerical number also helps with ID. 80/81 dime 84/85 Quarter.... The headset is also better. ITS waterproof....

OP
OP
shoague

shoague

Dec 29, 2014
Frederick, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took it out and looked at it right before hopping into bed

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rustic,
I know you werent asking me but I'll huck this out there.There is no comparison between atp and 350..none.atp is a huge step up.I have a 350 as a loaner/back up.it is a good machine and does exactly what it was designed to do.The main differance is information and ability in iron/trash infested sites.The atp is an exemplory machine(with 5x8 coil)for these sites.

I live and hunt in mtns at 8000ft.in an old mining district..heavy mineralization and super trashy in mining camp areas.I have owned several mid and high end machines from fisher,minelab and garrett.the atp is the best producer I have ever had.

I got my wife an atp this spring,with 5x8 coil.When we hunt together we hunt snow play areas,along lakeshore and parks(she loves parks)her keeper count is off the charts improved with atp.she wont use her trusty ol f2,350 or gtax 1250 ever now.She learned the machine in pro mode and I suggest you do as well.I HIGHLY recomend the 5x8 coil too.

good luck

Bigfoot just hit it right on the nose same for me love my whites and minelab but my AT Pro is my favorite learn that thing good!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on your first silver!!!

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
ATPro works more like a $1500 machine than any other detector under $1000 in my opinion. I'm pretty skilled with the Deus and Greylock usually outhunts me with his ATPro every time we go out. I pulled my tiny little hammered silver penny with my ATPro from a site I've hammered with my Deus and CTX3030.

OP
OP
shoague

shoague

Dec 29, 2014
Frederick, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone.
UPDATE
I have a leprechaun on my shoulder. I went out to a town park that is really run down and no one visits. I got my FIRST CHINEESE COIN with a hole, 8 clad quarters, 2 dimes, 2 pennies, a serenity prayer silver bracelet and a small childs ring. I am a giddy school girl.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the 1st silver coin. :occasion14: Can't find a Rosie any older :thumbsup:

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver coin. The 46 rosie was also my first. that rosie really gets around..lol

Last edited:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very good!
I understand the silver drought that you (were) in...!
I hunt in areas, already hunted to death!
I've only found four silver coins in eight years of intensive (excessive?) hunting!
So, keep at it - it is only a matter of time, and another silver will be found!
....oh yeah, gold is nice too! :thumbsup:

JerseyDigger19

Apr 20, 2015
West Orange, NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on that first silver! It's amazing how silver comes out of the ground - bright and shiny, and always lovely to see! You will find a LOT more with that beast of a machine.

OP
OP
shoague

shoague

Dec 29, 2014
Frederick, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found gold rings and necklacs, no coins

Top Member Reactions