finally some decent finds

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
hit a stretch of banks Friday afternoon (maybe 16) and found a fair amount of halfs. out of approx. $180 this is what i found
9-40%ers
2-Walking Libertys 1942 and 1946
10-2007d NIFC's all in the same roll
i wonder who dumped all these NIFC's all the way over here on the east coast? :icon_scratch:
one of the banks i hit, the male teller gave me about $5.00 in clad and i could see on his tray a Ben and what looked like a 40%. he didn't hand them over. as i had been having a good day so far, i resisted the urge to challenge him on them. and i REALLY resisted the urge to headbutt him in the face :BangHead: FOR LEAVING SILVER IN THE TRAY FOR ALL TO SEE. i hate this as much or more than people who mark thier coins. i don't mind if your keeping things you find for yourself but GET THEM OUT OF THE TRAY IDIOT. another reason i didn't do the above was because the vault keeper said she had $14 dollars worth. but when she checked she couldn't find them. :'( so she walks around the counter and goes to the COIN COUNTING MACHINE :hello2: she pulls out the canvas bag and i say " i'll take all those if you don't mind." turns out there was exactly $14 worth and some other coins she wouldn't sell. i believe one was a silver quarter. anyway when she was counting i heard silver so i'm thinkin i may have something good here and couldn't wait to get to the truck and see. well it seems the silver i heard was only one 40%. guess i should have pushed the issues on the Ben and the silver quartetr. oh well turns out the next bank i hit a good friend is the teller and she only has $4.00 worth.but only 2 were clad. 2 were the walkers and the rest were 40%.
oh by the way i also found a 1940 wheat penny in my pocket change.
for me it was a good day i haven't had in quite awhile. ;D

Upvote 0

myprecious

Aug 2, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites BHID 300 / Bounty Hunter IV
"and i REALLY resisted the urge to headbutt him in the face..."

Funny. :laughing7:

I would have said to the teller 'what about those two as well please' just loud enough for the coin manager and video tape to hear.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
"if it's in their tray, it's fair play"

Always ask for them.

Nice day, though.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
hey mr. g congrats on your finds, i hear ya on the tellers leaving silver in their trays for all to see. to me this is worse than marking coins in my book anyway. some tellers get their jollies out of teasing us. to me if it is not for sale then put it away. i always ask when i do see silver though.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Great find !

If I got a 90% Half for every "DH" teller I've run across I'd have a half dozen dream boxes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread