FINALLY! SOME YELLOW STUFF

Frank D.

Sep 20, 2013
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got my first sluice in the mail today. It's a 28.00 cheap plastic one I bought off of Ebay, but it works pretty good. I ran a 3/4 full 5 gallon bucket of classified material from some quartz rock I crushed up with the home made electric 3/4 HP rock crusher, and dumped all the heavies into the gold pan. Took the pan into the sunlight and looked through it. Found these bigger mangled up thin pieces and picked them out. Gonna run the rest through my home made blue bowl tonight!

DSC00241.JPG

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like youre having fun there... hope you get some more gold.:thumbsup:

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You could try and leave them in some vinagar to brighten them up to their full potential.

OP
OP
Frank D.

Frank D.

Sep 20, 2013
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks golden sluice, I'm definately having fun! The vinegar idea is a good idea. There are some iron stains on the pieces, so I will do that.

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You could try oxi stain remover and water, boiling the gold in a water borax solution. anything is fair game, except for chlorine or bleach...those will destroy gold.

OP
OP
Frank D.

Frank D.

Sep 20, 2013
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Golden Sluice for the tips! I have been busy crushing and sampling lately, and haven't been on here much. Pretty excited about the ore I crushed up today. It's loaded with small crystalline Pyrite!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions