Finally Something to Post About. Double Bucklister! ! !

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This season has not been as good as the past two years for me when it comes to pulling silvers, :BangHead: but I finally dug an item that will check two off my Bucket List. It's amazing that if you dwell on what you really want to find, it usually comes true in a short time. THE SECRET has worked for me. :icon_thumleft: Earlier this year I was fixated on digging a Capped Bust. While in NY hunting with the B@stards of the Bramble guess what I dug the 1st day, an 1834 Capped Bust half dime. :hello2: During the summer I had the SLQ on my mind since I've only ever dug one. Within a few weeks I pulled two of them. :thumbsup: Recently I have been wanting a Seated quarter and a Love Token. Well today it happened. :headbang: Since it was slow at work I took the afternoon off and drove different roads home looking for more prospective sites. Upon getting home I sat in the garage catching up on Tnet posts and the wife asked "aren't you going detecting"? Well it only took me a few moments to change into some dirt fishing clothes and off I went. The 1st site I hit should have some old coins there, but I have not pulled anything older than a wheat penny. After about an hour I went to site #2. I've hunted this permission a couple times and I knew it had to have some keepers somewhere. I have permission to pull the floor boards out of the small barn/carriage house to see what I can find. Well that wasn't going to happen today only having a couple hours before supper so I concentrated in the back in a very trashy area using the sharpshooter coil running the FA process. WOW I was so stoked when I saw this find. :headbang: Immediately broke into a happy dance and I'm still wearing a Sh!t eating grin as I type this. :tongue3:.

Today's Keeper (Double Bucket Lister

20171006_164606.jpg 20171006_164618.jpg

All Today's Finds (less the trash)

20171006_164543.jpg

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

Upvote 95

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
YOU were in NY and didn't stop by? That's OK. Glad you had a good day. I sure like that keeper. I don't recognize it though.. You told me once ...If I think silver I'll get silver.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's so stinking cool and so glad for you. Looks like it had a pin attachment soldered on the one time.I will try your method and begin dwelling on a Brasher Doubloon.... OK maybe not, but perhaps a seated will do me.

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your a good example of, “careful what you wish for you might get it.” Good hunting!

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! I can't believe the incredible detail on that beauty. I wonder what's next on your list!!!!! Someone spent some serious time making that!!! Congratulations Loco!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that's a keeper and an ever lasting memory as well. It's going on 30 yrs ago when I dug my Seated Love Token, remember where, and almost the spot in the 400 acre park, and it still rents a lovely spot in the head.
Congrats on the beautiful one you have dug, they don't have engraving much better than that.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YOU were in NY and didn't stop by? That's OK. Glad you had a good day. I sure like that keeper. I don't recognize it though.. You told me once ...If I think silver I'll get silver.

Thanks No gold, it's a seated quarter, only my 2nd ever seated coin dug. The 1st was a dime back in 2014 a few months after I began swinging the coil.

That's so stinking cool and so glad for you. Looks like it had a pin attachment soldered on the one time.I will try your method and begin dwelling on a Brasher Doubloon.... OK maybe not, but perhaps a seated will do me.

Thanks VN, Hey it has worked for me, it should work for you. Last year I had a Morgan and class ring on my mind. I dug both on 12/24 at a football field.

Your a good example of, “careful what you wish for you might get it.” Good hunting!

Thanks scruggs, "think it so, make it so"

WOW!!! I can't believe the incredible detail on that beauty. I wonder what's next on your list!!!!! Someone spent some serious time making that!!! Congratulations Loco!!!

Thanks digging She sure is a beauty and will add to my display nicely.

Now that's a keeper and an ever lasting memory as well. It's going on 30 yrs ago when I dug my Seated Love Token, remember where, and almost the spot in the 400 acre park, and it still rents a lovely spot in the head.
Congrats on the beautiful one you have dug, they don't have engraving much better than that.

Thanks pepperj, I sure would like to see your love token, please post up a pic here for us to admire.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
that is very cool, congrats. I have heard of them but I think that is the first one I have seen. glad she told you or reminded you to go.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Too Sweet! :hello2::notworthy:

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on that great find. Stared at it for 5 minute's. Never seen one. That's a beauty. Hope you gave the little lady a kiss when you got back! Think I'm going to try that "think it so, make it so" technique.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"M" is for "Magnificent!" What a stunning find, Loco, congratulations and I would be dancing a happy jig right along with you. Can you research the "M" initial and connect it to past residents? Happy Hunting, Sub :icon_thumright:

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats AWESOME!
Didnt realize it was on the back of CBHD!
So SWEET!

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you're checking off your list by 2's. Congrats and good luck checking off a few more in the near future...:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that is very cool, congrats. I have heard of them but I think that is the first one I have seen. glad she told you or reminded you to go.

Thanks dirtlooter, I've seen plenty posted here on Tnet in the past, that's what had me put it on my bucket list. I also glad she nudged me earlier.

Too Sweet! :hello2::notworthy:

Thanks Terry, man I'm still stoked. :headbang:

Congrats on that great find. Stared at it for 5 minute's. Never seen one. That's a beauty. Hope you gave the little lady a kiss when you got back! Think I'm going to try that "think it so, make it so" technique.

Thanks digger460 if you have Netflix, watch "The Secret" it's about the universal law of attraction. It has to be true or else I sure have had many coincidental finds in the past 3 seasons.

"M" is for "Magnificent!" What a stunning find, Loco, congratulations and I would be dancing a happy jig right along with you. Can you research the "M" initial and connect it to past residents? Happy Hunting, Sub :icon_thumright:

Thanks Sub, I bet that would be a site "both of us dancing a jig side-by-side". I checked old maps. Back in 1857 no house on the lot, but 3 were across the street. Between 1857 and 1874 a house was built on the lot and then tore down around 1900 and a newer house built. maybe I will try to figure out who it might have been made for when the ground freezes in late January. We do have a great library in town.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I have never considered finding one of these beautiful Love Tokens I sure would LOVE to!:love10: That's the coolest "M" I have ever seen. Of course being meticulously engraved on the back of an 1861 Seated Quarter certainly adds to the COOL factor. Big congratulations on that score of a lifetime. BTW, I'd like to see you post some of your less impressive finds just to know you are still hunting.:hello: I am curios to see what other folks are finding in their neck of the woods. Again, Fantastic find of a lifetime. Well done.:blob8::wav::blob8::occasion18::headbang::hello2:

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is really awesome, the amount of work that went into the love token is fantastic!! Nice score

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice Loco. It looks like that coin has had several lives. A quarter, a token, and perhaps later a ring. Now it's A love token that belongs to Kevin's brother in laws brother in law. Totally rad. Right on bro!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice Loco. It looks like that coin has had several lives. A quarter, a token, and perhaps later a ring. Now it's A love token that belongs to Kevin's brother in laws brother in law. Totally rad. Right on bro!

Ps I'll never forget that look on you face holding that Capped bust. I'll remember that one forever!

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats AWESOME!
Didnt realize it was on the back of CBHD!
So SWEET!

Thanks TMD not on the CBHD but a seated quarter. I was just going on about how "the Secret" has worked for me. I believe I see a few IHC's and maybe another LC coming my way later this season.

Glad you're checking off your list by 2's. Congrats and good luck checking off a few more in the near future...:thumbsup:

Thanks RV, I'll take them one at a time or 2 at a time, I'm not fussy, just love a day you pull one for sure.

Although I have never considered finding one of these beautiful Love Tokens I sure would LOVE to!:love10: That's the coolest "M" I have ever seen. Of course being meticulously engraved on the back of an 1861 Seated Quarter certainly adds to the COOL factor. Big congratulations on that score of a lifetime. BTW, I'd like to see you post some of your less impressive finds just to know you are still hunting.:hello: I am curios to see what other folks are finding in their neck of the woods. Again, Fantastic find of a lifetime. Well done.:blob8::wav::blob8::occasion18::headbang::hello2:

Thanks Kurios. She is pretty. I appreciate that you would like to see more finds posts, but after being here since 2014 I'll let the newer guys post there daily finds and I'll continue to only post when I dig something post worthy. Even if I don't post I document my hunts with pics that can be seen in my albums. One album per year. Normally a pic of all finds and one of the keepers if I dug any. I also take a photo shoot of all the good finds of the season when the ground freezes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread