What's new

Finaly...and good bye too my hord...or, the ugly side of CRH

jewelerdave

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
850
Reaction score
98
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well after last weeks dismal week of almost nothing after searching over 8k and getting only 4 40% halves and 3 silver dimes and a rest room token I had a bit better luck today. Yes, its the dismal side of CRH when you get a lot of skunk boxes and nothing to show for your work.

I found 26 40s in one box. Strange thing is. not a single one was on the ends, it looked at first like a sunk, the first half was empty, the second halve was pretty good.

Well I mailed off all my silver and gold today, Over 40 pounds of silver and a half a pound of gold to be melted and who knows what will happen too it then. That will be a nice addition to the CRH fund and other things :) And yes, It is gong to be melted! the 40s, the 64s, the bens and the walkers are all gone to be something else.


I dont know what was worse, seeing the empty spot where my horde was or having to carry that 40 pound box.
Well I feel a bit better, the 30 coins I now have that occupy the empty space helps and is a new seed. I will make it grow. I hope that soon it will again be over flowing with precious metals.
Defiantly time to sell when your treasure box is overflowing. I did think about caching it somewhere. Back yard, in a park..nah, too risky.
 
Upvote 0
I would have loved to have bought your 90%'s but am now waiting on ME own check. You didn't send them 70's did you, or them BU Bens? None of my business just curious. Hope you had a good ordeal at the PO, mine was a nightmare- 31 lb. box and long lines but I went on Monday. Glad to hear of good boxes coming out. My 2 for yesterday didn't come in (reorder for Wed), now I've got on order 4 Wed, 4 Thur, 4 Fri. This is my busy week with ME every other week banks ordering too. HH Buddy, Mark

BTW if they send you any breakdown on the silver I would like to know what the 40%ers actually paid. I am happy with the deal I got so far, when its all said and done I'll post a full report.
 
Nope, melting thousands of coins is not nearly as bad as putting a removable sharpie mark on a coin..?? Gpurs....
 
LOL that is true. Heck, melting hundreds of coins is not as bad as the sharpie...
;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom