What's new

FIND OF A LIFE TIME!!!! 8 REALE..

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me start this of to big thanks to my CRAZY Superstitious friend Ahabe8!!!! And my good luck charm. .
We talking on the phone this morning, he was going to work,and i was going digging. .lol
He told me I was going to find a 2reale today. That would have made me happy,because I have never found one yet..
So I pull up to the property and the lady lets the dogs out to come see me..I brought them bones this time..
I get my stuff and head to the back fields. And the dogs follow..
Not 5min in it starts pouring! !
I new it was not going to last so i stuck it out.. I turned around and the dogs were under a tree looking at me like im nuts for being in the rain..
Geuss they had more sense then me..lol Anyway I found a few flat buttons and a toasted copper.
Started working my way back towards the house a the lady came out ,so i stopped a showed her what i had found so far..We were talking for a few and she was telling me about this big pond behind the tree line.
I was like ok..Thats were im heading!!!!! Bill D tells me look for water...lol..
On my way over Ahabe8 calls me to see how im doing.. I tell him i found a few things. And i tell him im heading over to this pond.. he goes and gives me his lucky 8 speach..
And makes stay on the phone untill it was 12:08 lol...he's nuts!!!
We get of the phone and bang..
Silver cuff link, with a neat little design. .I text Abe a pic..Lol..
Not 10mins later I get this awsome signal deep..Figures its under this 4inch root..Im hacking away and digging, cant believe i didn't hit the coin??? I see a big silver staring back at me..I go now way,not another silver dollar???
I pull it out and almost fainted. .
A freaking 8 reale!!!!! No way???
I dropped it back and took a pic..
I was shaking and my head started pounding..
Well you know who I had to call..
Abe, he was like yea?? I told you that stuff works...lol
He so modest..
Anyway the I had to text Bill D..
And tell him, he called right away also.....Told me he was heading to the beach to swing..He way real happy for me..As im typing this he just text me a pic of something awsome also..Let him tell you..lol
So it was a awsome day..
The next target was another copper, not sure what they are, if anyone knows chime in.. there the size of Virginia coppers but cant tell..
And here are some pics of the other stuff.
I really could not focus after the big 8.lol
Plus i like to save spots like this, little by little i will clear it out..lol
Also had to take pics of the water, maybe this was were they took there clothing off to go swimming? ??
Thanks for looking and being here to share with.
HH.
George






..
 

Attachments

  • 1433189259586.webp
    1433189259586.webp
    76.5 KB · Views: 590
  • 1433189276949.webp
    1433189276949.webp
    87.4 KB · Views: 563
  • 1433189293380.webp
    1433189293380.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 629
  • 1433189308202.webp
    1433189308202.webp
    102.4 KB · Views: 548
  • 1433189319829.webp
    1433189319829.webp
    103.5 KB · Views: 542
  • 1433189334747.webp
    1433189334747.webp
    100.9 KB · Views: 509
  • 1433189346659.webp
    1433189346659.webp
    67 KB · Views: 496
  • 1433189358402.webp
    1433189358402.webp
    30 KB · Views: 635
  • 1433189368123.webp
    1433189368123.webp
    37 KB · Views: 573
  • 1433189378310.webp
    1433189378310.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 534
  • 1433189387810.webp
    1433189387810.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 512
  • 1433189399313.webp
    1433189399313.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 517
  • 1433189408665.webp
    1433189408665.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 494
  • 1433189422202.webp
    1433189422202.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 493
  • 1433189433679.webp
    1433189433679.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 511
  • 1433189444260.webp
    1433189444260.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 567
  • 1433189469100.webp
    1433189469100.webp
    79.4 KB · Views: 507
Upvote 124
Big congrats on a big chunkof silver! Wow, stunning... :icon_thumleft:
 
Wow george, that's just insane!, so is your goal to get ALL the goods before hosting tom and Smittyman lol!!

I'm getting tired of telling you congrats
so you're getting a "nice work" this time!

Outstanding find!!
 
Man that thing is beautiful and in excellent shape. Congratulations. I just felt Tom hit the floor.
 
A dug coin with a rainbow patina...sweet.
 
George
All very nice finds,great detail on the 8 reale congrats !
Gary
 
Wow-Congratulations!! The condition of that coin is insane-they don't get any better than that. Banner vote from me
 
First off....you're welcome 8-). I know you guys think I should be in an insane asylum but I'm telling you, you just have to believe. I give you my 8 speech and you find an 8 Reales. That has the nicest detail of any dug Spanish I've seen. That big monster didn't circulate for long at all. Somebody was doing laundry or swimming there and dropped that silver hubcap. That is something that most of us will never see in the hole. One in that condition is unreal. If you didn't have something up top already I would prob vote Banner for that monstrosity. That Cufflink of button is really nice too. Great day bud. You can't have all my luck but I'm happy to give you a little. I'm not gonna use it all up on some little Italian dude when I'm Irish. That just wouldn't be right :laughing7:
 
Great find, I like the luster on that baby!
You never even mention texting me???
 
Oh what the hell I'm voting Banner anyway. As long as they put my name in tiny lol letters up there
 
Holy smokes George! I am just speechless....

Congrats on finding the holy grail of silver coins! Wow, wow, wow...

Banner vote entered...
 
I'm going to guess that will be the find of both your lifetime and mine together. What is so disheartening is your finds are making me less and less excited to get out to metal detect to find a mercury dime which when I first started detecting would make me nearly pee myself. Still nice to find but compared to a beautiful 8 reale kind of boring.
 
Dang ! That coin looks like it has mint luster !(Like AU condition or close to it ) How does it come up looking so sharp after 200+
years in the dirt ?! I'm going Banner on this one for sure , before I do - what is the little Art Nouveau looking piece ?
 
Wow george, that's just insane!, so is your goal to get ALL the goods before hosting tom and Smittyman lol!!

I'm getting tired of telling you congrats
so you're getting a "nice work" this time!

Outstanding find!!

Thanks for the nice work!!! Lol
It just would not be right to leave that for them...lol
 
So is this a Mexican silver 8 reales? I ask to further my education of coins I see but will never find.
 
First off....you're welcome 8-). I know you guys think I should be in an insane asylum but I'm telling you, you just have to believe. I give you my 8 speech and you find an 8 Reales. That has the nicest detail of any dug Spanish I've seen. That big monster didn't circulate for long at all. Somebody was doing laundry or swimming there and dropped that silver hubcap. That is something that most of us will never see in the hole. One in that condition is unreal. If you didn't have something up top already I would prob vote Banner for that monstrosity. That Cufflink of button is really nice too. Great day bud. You can't have all my luck but I'm happy to give you a little. I'm not gonna use it all up on some little Italian dude when I'm Irish. That just wouldn't be right :laughing7:

Thanks buddy..
You are the MAN!!!
Glad you right there with me to share this..
I sitting by the hole talking to you shaking. .doing the happy dance..
What a feeling???
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom