What's new

FIND OF A LIFE TIME!!!! 8 REALE..

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me start this of to big thanks to my CRAZY Superstitious friend Ahabe8!!!! And my good luck charm. .
We talking on the phone this morning, he was going to work,and i was going digging. .lol
He told me I was going to find a 2reale today. That would have made me happy,because I have never found one yet..
So I pull up to the property and the lady lets the dogs out to come see me..I brought them bones this time..
I get my stuff and head to the back fields. And the dogs follow..
Not 5min in it starts pouring! !
I new it was not going to last so i stuck it out.. I turned around and the dogs were under a tree looking at me like im nuts for being in the rain..
Geuss they had more sense then me..lol Anyway I found a few flat buttons and a toasted copper.
Started working my way back towards the house a the lady came out ,so i stopped a showed her what i had found so far..We were talking for a few and she was telling me about this big pond behind the tree line.
I was like ok..Thats were im heading!!!!! Bill D tells me look for water...lol..
On my way over Ahabe8 calls me to see how im doing.. I tell him i found a few things. And i tell him im heading over to this pond.. he goes and gives me his lucky 8 speach..
And makes stay on the phone untill it was 12:08 lol...he's nuts!!!
We get of the phone and bang..
Silver cuff link, with a neat little design. .I text Abe a pic..Lol..
Not 10mins later I get this awsome signal deep..Figures its under this 4inch root..Im hacking away and digging, cant believe i didn't hit the coin??? I see a big silver staring back at me..I go now way,not another silver dollar???
I pull it out and almost fainted. .
A freaking 8 reale!!!!! No way???
I dropped it back and took a pic..
I was shaking and my head started pounding..
Well you know who I had to call..
Abe, he was like yea?? I told you that stuff works...lol
He so modest..
Anyway the I had to text Bill D..
And tell him, he called right away also.....Told me he was heading to the beach to swing..He way real happy for me..As im typing this he just text me a pic of something awsome also..Let him tell you..lol
So it was a awsome day..
The next target was another copper, not sure what they are, if anyone knows chime in.. there the size of Virginia coppers but cant tell..
And here are some pics of the other stuff.
I really could not focus after the big 8.lol
Plus i like to save spots like this, little by little i will clear it out..lol
Also had to take pics of the water, maybe this was were they took there clothing off to go swimming? ??
Thanks for looking and being here to share with.
HH.
George






..
 

Attachments

  • 1433189259586.webp
    1433189259586.webp
    76.5 KB · Views: 590
  • 1433189276949.webp
    1433189276949.webp
    87.4 KB · Views: 563
  • 1433189293380.webp
    1433189293380.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 629
  • 1433189308202.webp
    1433189308202.webp
    102.4 KB · Views: 548
  • 1433189319829.webp
    1433189319829.webp
    103.5 KB · Views: 542
  • 1433189334747.webp
    1433189334747.webp
    100.9 KB · Views: 509
  • 1433189346659.webp
    1433189346659.webp
    67 KB · Views: 496
  • 1433189358402.webp
    1433189358402.webp
    30 KB · Views: 635
  • 1433189368123.webp
    1433189368123.webp
    37 KB · Views: 573
  • 1433189378310.webp
    1433189378310.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 534
  • 1433189387810.webp
    1433189387810.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 512
  • 1433189399313.webp
    1433189399313.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 517
  • 1433189408665.webp
    1433189408665.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 494
  • 1433189422202.webp
    1433189422202.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 493
  • 1433189433679.webp
    1433189433679.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 511
  • 1433189444260.webp
    1433189444260.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 567
  • 1433189469100.webp
    1433189469100.webp
    79.4 KB · Views: 507
Upvote 124
Vino, I would not expect anything less from you. Thanks for the great post. Nothing like finding the coin of your dreams!!!:notworthy:
 
Nice digs Vino!!! I have another buddy in our area that dug one last year. Also a buddy of mine dug a 2 Reale last week. They are out there we just need to find em :)
 
I wish I could find that. Find of a lifetime.
 
Man George - you've apparently been anointed the king of big silver, and I don't think you're complaining. I can't believe you've done it again, and you've really outdone yourself this time. That is one gorgeous coin, and I wouldn't attempt to clean it at all other than washing the dirt off. And just think, you've barely scratched the surface of this new site. Can't wait to see what comes next. I'm very happy for you buddy - couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Wish you continued good fortune. And make sure you go back and hunt that site on the 8th. I'm sure Abe would approve .... lol!
 
Man George - you've apparently been anointed the king of big silver, and I don't think you're complaining. I can't believe you've done it again, and you've really outdone yourself this time. That is one gorgeous coin, and I wouldn't attempt to clean it at all other than washing the dirt off. And just think, you've barely scratched the surface of this new site. Can't wait to see what comes next. I'm very happy for you buddy - couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Wish you continued good fortune. And make sure you go back and hunt that site on the 8th. I'm sure Abe would approve .... lol!

Thanks Bill.
I only rinsed it in water..
Man, still looking for my 2 reale.
Lol..
This is a great hobby..You just never know what under the next plug???
And yes im sure Abe would like me to go on the 8th..HaHa..
 
Incredible!!!! Congrats on the fat silver
 
Wow, talk about a big silver roll :headbang: Two Morgan's and an 8 reale in a weeks time! That's just sick :notworthy:

I don't know if I would call it the find of a lifetime though, I've seen you dig some much rarer stuff. Even I got an 8 reale :laughing7:

Nice hunt though. I really like the silver cuff link too. Keep up the good work George, you keep us all at the edge of our seats :o
 
Wow, talk about a big silver roll :headbang: Two Morgan's and an 8 reale in a weeks time! That's just sick :notworthy:

I don't know if I would call it the find of a lifetime though, I've seen you dig some much rarer stuff. Even I got an 8 reale :laughing7:

Nice hunt though. I really like the silver cuff link too. Keep up the good work George, you keep us all at the edge of our seats :o

Thanks Steve!!
Its was right up there with the Chain cent im wanting..
It means alot coming from you..
You are definitely one of the big colonial bigs i try to emulate. .
George
 
Wow! What a year you are having!! You just can't lose, get a lottery ticket!!

Thanks IH..
Anything to keep your partner quite! Lol.
 
Congratulations!!!!!!! That's gotta be the best condition 8R I've ever seen dug! Wow wow wow! Good for you man. BANNER!!!
 
Vino, I would not expect anything less from you. Thanks for the great post. Nothing like finding the coin of your dreams!!!:notworthy:

Thanks LD..
Hope the year continues.
Don't want to let anyone down..lol
George
 
Dang Vino I'd call that the "Holy Grail Coin" of silver !!! Its in such fine condition too :occasion14: on :metaldetector: that :treasurechest:
 
Geor8e... Con8ratulations! That thin8 is insane. You've really been killin8 it lately. The cufflink is really cool too and somethin8 on my bucket list. Votin8 to 8et that beast up top.

Abe, I need you to call me before my next hunt. Haha.

-Brad
 
Oh my! That 8R is beautiful. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous. Congratulations on digging one of the top finds on my list. Forgot to mention that the silver cufflink would have made my day. Can't wait to see what else you pull out of this site.
 
Geor8e... Con8ratulations! That thin8 is insane. You've really been killin8 it lately. The cufflink is really cool too and somethin8 on my bucket list. Votin8 to 8et that beast up top.

Abe, I need you to call me before my next hunt. Haha.

-Brad
I think my emails were enough to give you some gr8 hunts
 
Awesome find!! That's one big old silver and in amazing shape!!

Congrats on a Banner find!!
 
WOW!!! You are just cleaning it up your way!!!! That is an awesome find!! Congratulations.:notworthy:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom