What's new

FIND OF A LIFE TIME!!!! 8 REALE..

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me start this of to big thanks to my CRAZY Superstitious friend Ahabe8!!!! And my good luck charm. .
We talking on the phone this morning, he was going to work,and i was going digging. .lol
He told me I was going to find a 2reale today. That would have made me happy,because I have never found one yet..
So I pull up to the property and the lady lets the dogs out to come see me..I brought them bones this time..
I get my stuff and head to the back fields. And the dogs follow..
Not 5min in it starts pouring! !
I new it was not going to last so i stuck it out.. I turned around and the dogs were under a tree looking at me like im nuts for being in the rain..
Geuss they had more sense then me..lol Anyway I found a few flat buttons and a toasted copper.
Started working my way back towards the house a the lady came out ,so i stopped a showed her what i had found so far..We were talking for a few and she was telling me about this big pond behind the tree line.
I was like ok..Thats were im heading!!!!! Bill D tells me look for water...lol..
On my way over Ahabe8 calls me to see how im doing.. I tell him i found a few things. And i tell him im heading over to this pond.. he goes and gives me his lucky 8 speach..
And makes stay on the phone untill it was 12:08 lol...he's nuts!!!
We get of the phone and bang..
Silver cuff link, with a neat little design. .I text Abe a pic..Lol..
Not 10mins later I get this awsome signal deep..Figures its under this 4inch root..Im hacking away and digging, cant believe i didn't hit the coin??? I see a big silver staring back at me..I go now way,not another silver dollar???
I pull it out and almost fainted. .
A freaking 8 reale!!!!! No way???
I dropped it back and took a pic..
I was shaking and my head started pounding..
Well you know who I had to call..
Abe, he was like yea?? I told you that stuff works...lol
He so modest..
Anyway the I had to text Bill D..
And tell him, he called right away also.....Told me he was heading to the beach to swing..He way real happy for me..As im typing this he just text me a pic of something awsome also..Let him tell you..lol
So it was a awsome day..
The next target was another copper, not sure what they are, if anyone knows chime in.. there the size of Virginia coppers but cant tell..
And here are some pics of the other stuff.
I really could not focus after the big 8.lol
Plus i like to save spots like this, little by little i will clear it out..lol
Also had to take pics of the water, maybe this was were they took there clothing off to go swimming? ??
Thanks for looking and being here to share with.
HH.
George






..
 

Attachments

  • 1433189259586.webp
    1433189259586.webp
    76.5 KB · Views: 590
  • 1433189276949.webp
    1433189276949.webp
    87.4 KB · Views: 563
  • 1433189293380.webp
    1433189293380.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 629
  • 1433189308202.webp
    1433189308202.webp
    102.4 KB · Views: 548
  • 1433189319829.webp
    1433189319829.webp
    103.5 KB · Views: 542
  • 1433189334747.webp
    1433189334747.webp
    100.9 KB · Views: 509
  • 1433189346659.webp
    1433189346659.webp
    67 KB · Views: 496
  • 1433189358402.webp
    1433189358402.webp
    30 KB · Views: 635
  • 1433189368123.webp
    1433189368123.webp
    37 KB · Views: 573
  • 1433189378310.webp
    1433189378310.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 534
  • 1433189387810.webp
    1433189387810.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 512
  • 1433189399313.webp
    1433189399313.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 517
  • 1433189408665.webp
    1433189408665.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 494
  • 1433189422202.webp
    1433189422202.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 493
  • 1433189433679.webp
    1433189433679.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 511
  • 1433189444260.webp
    1433189444260.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 567
  • 1433189469100.webp
    1433189469100.webp
    79.4 KB · Views: 507
Upvote 124
Congrats you did it…. a big one to scratch off a colonial diggers list!!! Still looking for mine……again well done!!
 
Congrats you did it…. a big one to scratch off a colonial diggers list!!! Still looking for mine……again well done!!

Thanks Patriot..
Yes it was high on my list. .
Right under the chain Cent im looking for...lol
George
 
I forgot to mention in my other post that you've got my banner vote. Thanks for sharing such an awesome find!
 
Incredible condition on that baby!
 
I'm surprised this hasn't made banner yet. Looks like quite a few have voted for it, including myself, so hopefully it will pop up there soon. This is just not your everyday, run-of-the-mill 8 reale.
 
I forgot to mention in my other post that you've got my banner vote. Thanks for sharing such an awesome find!

Thanks Oxbow for the vote..
George
 
I'm surprised this hasn't made banner yet. Looks like quite a few have voted for it, including myself, so hopefully it will pop up there soon. This is just not your everyday, run-of-the-mill 8 reale.

Thanks Bill. I think you are the only one thats aloud to have 2 banners up there at the same time??? Lol
 
Killer coin George! One we all dream about. Hope there are some more secrets near that pond. Excellent find.
 
Killer coin George! One we all dream about. Hope there are some more secrets near that pond. Excellent find.

Thanks Metalev!!
I sure hope so???
 
Beauty, Vino! My buddy found an 8 about ten feet away from where I was. They are beautiful. Yours is much more minty fresh.
 
Beauty, Vino! My buddy found an 8 about ten feet away from where I was. They are beautiful. Yours is much more minty fresh.

Thanks Gio..
Did you see the little cuff like you found?
 
Man, every time I check out tnet you have posted something amazing. Congrats on a beautiful coin!
 
Man, every time I check out tnet you have posted something amazing. Congrats on a beautiful coin!

Thanks Joey. .
Thinks have been going well this season so far.
Look forward to seeing what you guys pull out this fall.
George
 
Wow just Wow

Thanks Wheat..
Thats exactly what i said when I pulled it out..Well more like HOLY SHHH..NO WAY??? lol.
George
 
Congrats George! You sure have killed the silver lately! I guess the next post you will make by the weekend will be of your gold coin find, because no silver can top that one!

No doubt this one needs to be on the top of the page.... Banner nomination sent! :thumbsup:
 
Congrats!! Amazing finds
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom