What's new

FIND OF A LIFE TIME!!!! 8 REALE..

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me start this of to big thanks to my CRAZY Superstitious friend Ahabe8!!!! And my good luck charm. .
We talking on the phone this morning, he was going to work,and i was going digging. .lol
He told me I was going to find a 2reale today. That would have made me happy,because I have never found one yet..
So I pull up to the property and the lady lets the dogs out to come see me..I brought them bones this time..
I get my stuff and head to the back fields. And the dogs follow..
Not 5min in it starts pouring! !
I new it was not going to last so i stuck it out.. I turned around and the dogs were under a tree looking at me like im nuts for being in the rain..
Geuss they had more sense then me..lol Anyway I found a few flat buttons and a toasted copper.
Started working my way back towards the house a the lady came out ,so i stopped a showed her what i had found so far..We were talking for a few and she was telling me about this big pond behind the tree line.
I was like ok..Thats were im heading!!!!! Bill D tells me look for water...lol..
On my way over Ahabe8 calls me to see how im doing.. I tell him i found a few things. And i tell him im heading over to this pond.. he goes and gives me his lucky 8 speach..
And makes stay on the phone untill it was 12:08 lol...he's nuts!!!
We get of the phone and bang..
Silver cuff link, with a neat little design. .I text Abe a pic..Lol..
Not 10mins later I get this awsome signal deep..Figures its under this 4inch root..Im hacking away and digging, cant believe i didn't hit the coin??? I see a big silver staring back at me..I go now way,not another silver dollar???
I pull it out and almost fainted. .
A freaking 8 reale!!!!! No way???
I dropped it back and took a pic..
I was shaking and my head started pounding..
Well you know who I had to call..
Abe, he was like yea?? I told you that stuff works...lol
He so modest..
Anyway the I had to text Bill D..
And tell him, he called right away also.....Told me he was heading to the beach to swing..He way real happy for me..As im typing this he just text me a pic of something awsome also..Let him tell you..lol
So it was a awsome day..
The next target was another copper, not sure what they are, if anyone knows chime in.. there the size of Virginia coppers but cant tell..
And here are some pics of the other stuff.
I really could not focus after the big 8.lol
Plus i like to save spots like this, little by little i will clear it out..lol
Also had to take pics of the water, maybe this was were they took there clothing off to go swimming? ??
Thanks for looking and being here to share with.
HH.
George






..
 

Attachments

  • 1433189259586.webp
    1433189259586.webp
    76.5 KB · Views: 590
  • 1433189276949.webp
    1433189276949.webp
    87.4 KB · Views: 563
  • 1433189293380.webp
    1433189293380.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 629
  • 1433189308202.webp
    1433189308202.webp
    102.4 KB · Views: 548
  • 1433189319829.webp
    1433189319829.webp
    103.5 KB · Views: 542
  • 1433189334747.webp
    1433189334747.webp
    100.9 KB · Views: 509
  • 1433189346659.webp
    1433189346659.webp
    67 KB · Views: 496
  • 1433189358402.webp
    1433189358402.webp
    30 KB · Views: 635
  • 1433189368123.webp
    1433189368123.webp
    37 KB · Views: 573
  • 1433189378310.webp
    1433189378310.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 534
  • 1433189387810.webp
    1433189387810.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 512
  • 1433189399313.webp
    1433189399313.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 517
  • 1433189408665.webp
    1433189408665.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 494
  • 1433189422202.webp
    1433189422202.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 493
  • 1433189433679.webp
    1433189433679.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 511
  • 1433189444260.webp
    1433189444260.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 567
  • 1433189469100.webp
    1433189469100.webp
    79.4 KB · Views: 507
Upvote 124
I didn't check back through all the posts to see if it was said.... but doesn't the copper say "Auctori" (CT copper)

There is 2 coppers..
And i think you are right about that one..
How the hell could you see that??
Great call IP...
 
You've got me drooling again Vino- love the reale, but the silver link is an equally exceptional find in my book. Well done!

Thanks Jon.
The cuff link is more personal.
I like it too.
George
 
Wow,what a great coin:notworthy: A AWESOME hunt altogether:headbang: Some great treasures there:occasion14:
 
You know I'd say that was a beautiful coin even if it was worn and scratched. However, that truly is one beautiful coin. The detail, the toning...good lord haha! Congrats on finding what we are all looking for!
 
Thanks guys for all the comments and votes.
George
 
There is 2 coppers..
And i think you are right about that one..
How the hell could you see that??
Great call IP...

IP is a Master Jedi of coppers.

Oh and I forgot to mention I'm voting banner.
 
Cool! Looks like it just left the mint yesterday! :treasurechest::notworthy:
 
That's an amazing find in amazing condition...just look at that mint lustre! That's a banner coin all the way!

I found an 8 reale during my first year detecting and figured it was the find of a lifetime...then I found another one during year 3! Still waiting for another and very much looking forward to it!
 
That's an amazing find in amazing condition...just look at that mint lustre! That's a banner coin all the way!

I found an 8 reale during my first year detecting and figured it was the find of a lifetime...then I found another one during year 3! Still waiting for another and very much looking forward to it!

Thanks Romeo..
Oh wow, you found 2??
Nice, hope to see you pull another soon.
George
 
IP is a Master Jedi of coppers.

Oh and I forgot to mention I'm voting banner.

Thanks Steve..
And IP is a master something????
 
Hey, I have also dug an 8! (Hear that Abe?) :) It's a real ugly sucker but I tell you I checked my pocket about every 5 minutes for the rest of that hunt. That was basically back when I started detecting and what was funny about it is my friend the Cladman and I were just talking about 8 reales the weekend before, but more in the kind of context as if it was a cache of Spanish gold.... never thinking we'd actually find one. So it was quite a surprise for me, and for him too when I walked over and made him guess what was in my hand. :)
 
Last edited:
OMG !!!! That is so awesome!! What a huge piece of silver, and great piece of history. That is a banner for sure!

Great job! and Congratulations !!!! :occasion14:
 
Vino... you lucky SOB! Congrats! Excellent find.

I look forward to seeing that at the end of the month!

oh... and I want Ahab8's phone number!

And ummm... BANNER!
 
OMG !!!! That is so awesome!! What a huge piece of silver, and great piece of history. That is a banner for sure!

Great job! and Congratulations !!!! :occasion14:

Thanks DD...
I appreciate the vote.
 
Vino... you lucky SOB! Congrats! Excellent find.

I look forward to seeing that at the end of the month!

oh... and I want Ahab8's phone number!

And ummm... BANNER!

Thanks Joe..
Missed you at the last meeting. .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom