This is a photo of a Traditions kit. Note the lock plate is cut for drum and nipple.
Here is an open hammer cartridge shot gun. Note how the lock plate goes up under the barrel and the fancy hammer, totally different from a muzzleloader. The gun breaks open, so the part of the lock under the barrel isn't in wood, but if you look close you can see what I'm looking at.It can have a patten of 1859 and still be a more modern kit gun.. Patten dates can range like that.. For example if you buy a 45 single action colt from the 1940's it will still more than likely have a patten date on it from around the 1870's.. The patten date is part of the nostalgia of the kit gun itself.. Just my thoughts..All it has is a patten for 1859
Here is a better photo of the hammers and lock plate. And here is a photo of a lock like the ones used on the CVA and Traditions Kentucky pistols.
Note the cut out in front of the hammer for the drum and nipple.
This is a Spanish made replica. Note the lock looks a lot like the gun in question, although the hammer isn't as fancy.
hahahaGreat id, I looked at a few sites, but didn't come up with an exact match, I kept coming back to Philidelphia Derringer kits, but this gun is a bit bigger than those.I knew when I saw it. I finally solved something!! yee haaa What section am I in?hahaha
Dug? If that's the case, then it is from the last week or last month era.
It was down about 25in