What's new

Finding gold in sea

Acquisitor

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2011
Messages
302
Reaction score
126
Golden Thread
0
a question about water hunting.

I have a lot of experience hunting in lakes and I find a lot of gold there too ;) In September I go to Spain to detect on beaches and especially in the sea.


Is it true that the odds to find gold in the sea are much lower than in the lake due to the sea's activity and the fact that it "swallows" gold very quickly putting it too deep to find ?
Also, the difference between high/low tide is very very small there :(
 
Upvote 0
Yes it's true, in the sea you find less than in a lake. Unfortunately
 
Sometimes you find less and other times you find more. Gold will sink down until it hits a hard layer of shells or gravel. Eventually, the sand will be washed away by waves and tidal currents and the gold will be revealed. This is when you will find a lot of gold in the sea. You have to be in the right place at the right time.
 
I can't remember the name but there is a member here that hunts the beaches in Spain and seems to do very well. Maybe someone else that reads this will know who I am talking about so you can read some of his posts. Have fun and good luck,

HH Charlie
 
Acquisitor, I've read and spoken to a few folks while vacationing over there that metal detecting wasn't allowed in Spain or Portugal. Is this incorrect or is beach detecting allowed but no detecting inland? Actually I thought metal detecting was illegal or discouraged in all of southern Europe. ???
 
its highly illegal in "some" parts of Spain, but in others (where i'm going to) its tolerated. If there is a problem they tell you to leave, which you do.
Also, I'm going to hunt from 5 am til 9 am and from 8 pm (sunset) til 11 pm or so.

there are many tourists there with detectors and most dont have problems, I have done a lot of research about this. Land detecting IS highly illegal and could result in a fine and confiscation of your detector but Spain tolerates tourists on beaches, since the country needs tourism to survie ;) Spain is poor you know ;) Greetings from Belgium
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom