What's new

Today's Finds 11-29-2025

sibbley

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2023
Messages
1,515
Reaction score
5,136
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master, XP Deus 2, Deeptech Vista X, Nokta Makro Invenio Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit the Buckle Field today with The Legend. I haven't given that machine much use, I've been using the Manticore just about exclusively. Mostly iron junk, but I did walk away with two general service cuff buttons. Didn't see the back mark till I washed them after getting home. "Scovills & Co", Blew me away. Back Mark ID sheet says Scovills & CO was used between 1840-1850. Didn't see that coming when I found them this afternoon.

Last military button I pulled from this site was a WWI great seal button.

P1002493_WM.webp

P1002491_WM.webp
P1002492_WM.webp
P1002494_WM.webp


Thanks for looking...
 
Upvote 20
Very nice !
 
Great finds Sibb. What machine did you use on this find ?
 
Great finds Sibb. What machine did you use on this find ?
I took The Nokta Legend out for a spin to find these.
 
Hit the Buckle Field today with The Legend. I haven't given that machine much use, I've been using the Manticore just about exclusively. Mostly iron junk, but I did walk away with two general service cuff buttons. Didn't see the back mark till I washed them after getting home. "Scovills & Co", Blew me away. Back Mark ID sheet says Scovills & CO was used between 1840-1850. Didn't see that coming when I found them this afternoon.

Last military button I pulled from this site was a WWI great seal button.

View attachment 2235525
View attachment 2235523View attachment 2235524View attachment 2235526

Thanks for looking...
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom