Finds Before the Pavement

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Returned to the vacant lots last night that the city is going to pave for more school parking and had a good hour of digs.On one lot where the garage that would not hold a car of todays model once set, I looked for the path that might have been used to what was once the back of the house and worked that area.Found 6 Wheats,1935,2-34.s 42D,40,AND A 39.Found one 1941 damaged Merc, 65 dime,64 Jeff nickle,Two old toy wheels and a small lighter that i thought was just a chunk of brass untill i cleaned it. It is a lighter that is 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 x 3/8 inch.Made by Continental.Think it may be from 50's or 60's.Found a Alum,Wood Nickle Play Money. IN three hours w/two trips i have found 11 Wheats.Hope to hit it again after work.Thanks for looking,and HH.

Attachments

• MVC-006F.JPG
    MVC-006F.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 433
  • MVC-007F.JPG
    MVC-007F.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 432
  • MVC-008F.JPG
    MVC-008F.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 431
Upvote 0
Nice haul Can't wait to see what else you find 8)

ACE VILLAV

Great finds Jarman!!! Keep 'em coming!!! ;)

Nice digs Jarman!

HH

Lonewolfe

Way to go Jarman. Go into the Garage area. Never know they may of had a stash. HH

Cool digs jarman!! Cant wait for your other posts!HH

Thanks all for the great remarks? :)

Stoney, I think its just been cut.I found a few chunks of flat lead in the same area with metal snip cuts on them and quessed some kid could'ent help themself.See side veiw pic.But then again I have never seen a clipped planchet first hand.A dime sure bought a bag full of candy in the 40's,50's and 60's? :o

Attachments

• MVC-009F.JPG
    MVC-009F.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 322
Looks like a clipped planchet to me!! I too have not seen any first hand, but lots of pictures. I would take it to a coin shop or have it graded at one point.

Nice finds and keep it up!!

HH!!

Nice digs Jarman...Too bad about the dime. When you "test bite" a coin, you're not supposed to chew and swallow! ;D Next time take along some snacks ;) Cool lighter!~CO2

Jarman, my monitor is a little dark tonite but looks like just been cut from that angle. A clipped planchet actually is very smooth in the crescent.

Very cool,,, JARMAN...
Love that old lighter,,, Any lighter is still on my list of first, I haven't even found a bic yet... ;D
Good luck & Happy hunting~

CO2,Thats so ;D ;D I think i'll melt down the Merc,to cap my broken tooth. ;D

Stoney, sorry pic is dark.The cut is rolled up and out from one side to the other.After looking at some clipped planchets on the web I agree with you,It should be a clean downward cut. Thanks for asking you forced me to look and learn something today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back