What's new

Finds from 04-22-2008 through 04-25-2008

GMan00001

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
2,539
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Location
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Combining a few different stops, ended up picking up

2 - $1000 bags of dimes
1 - $200 bag of nickels
8 - $50 bags of pennies

Dimes
-------
Bag #1
--------
5 pre-1965 Roosevelt (1957(2), 1962-D, 1963-D, 1964-D)
3 pennies
2 paper clips

Bag #2
--------
10 pre-1965 Roosevelt (1946, 1952, 1952-D, 1956-D(2), 1959-D, 1962-D, 1963-D, 1964-D(2))

21 Canadian (1968 nickel flat grooves(2), 1974(2), 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992(2), 1998, 1999, 2001-P Volunteers, 2002-P, 2003-P Uncrowned, 2005-P(2))

4 Foreign (Barbados, 10 Cents (2007), Germany, 1 Euro Cent (2004-D), Great Britain, 5 New Pence (2001), Mexico, 10 Centavos (1994))


Note: the 1956-D was a first time in my life find...interestingly x2 in the same bag.

Nickels
--------
1 - 1943-P War Nickel
1 - 1942-D <-- still needed to complete a roll
46 other pre-1960 Jefferson (1939(4), 1940, 1940-D(3), 1941(3), 1941-D(2), 1941-S Small S, 1942(2), 1946, 1946-S, 1947, 1949-D, 1951-D, 1952(3), 1952-D(3), 1953-D, 1953-S, 1955-D, 1956-D(2), 1957(2), 1957-D(2), 1958-D(5), 1959-D(5))

6 Canadian (1985, 1986, 1989, 1998, 1999, 2000)

12 pennies


Pennies
---------
Bag #1
--------
17 wheat pennies (1937, 1941, 1944-D(2), 1945, 1946, 1952, 1952-D, 1954-D, 1956-D(3), 1957-D(2), 1958, 1958-D(2))

22 Canadian (1969(2), 1970, 1971, 1974, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1981(3), 1982(2), 1983, 1984, 1989, 1994, 1998, 2001(2), 2002, 2006-RCM)


Bag #2
--------
19 wheat pennies (1926, 1934, 1941, 1941-D, 1944, 1945-D(4), 1946, 1946-D, 1947, 1949, 1949-D, 1951-D, 1953-D, 1955, 1957-D, 1958-D)

32 Canadian (1946, 1959, 1962(2), 1963, 1967, 1971, 1973, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979(2), 1981(2), 1982, 1984, 1985(2), 1989(2), 1992(2), 1993(2), 1994(3), 2002(2), 2005)

4 Foreign (Bahamas, 1 Cent (1995), Netherlands, 2 Euro Cent (2003), Panama, 1 Centisimo (1993), Spain, 2 Euro Cent (2000))

4 dimes


Bag #3
--------
14 wheat pennies (1938-S, 1941, 1941-D, 1945, 1946-D, 1951, 1952-D, 1953-D, 1954-S, 1956, 1956-D(2), 1958-D(2))

29 Canadian (1963, 1964, 1965, 1969, 1973, 1974(4), 1975(2), 1976, 1978, 1979, 1980(2), 1981(2), 1982, 1983, 1984(2), 1985(2), 1987, 1988, 1994, 1999, 2000)


Bag #4
--------
14 wheat pennies (1935-D, 1942-D, 1942-S, 1945, 1947-D, 1948-D, 1949-S(2), 1950-S, 1953-D, 1954-D, 1957-D(2), 1958-D)

19 Canadian (1961, 1963, 1967, 1971, 1972(2), 1973, 1975(2), 1976, 1978(2), 1979, 1982, 1994, 1996, 2001, 2002, 2006)

5 dimes


Bag #5
--------
13 wheat pennies (1929, 1934-D, 1937-D, 1944, 1946-D, 1950, 1952-D, 1954-D, 1956-D(2), 1958-D(3))

25 Canadian (1956, 1964, 1970, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1976(3), 1980, 1981, 1987, 1989(2), 1991, 1993, 1994(2), 1995(2), 1999, 2001(2), 2005, 2006)

1 Foreign (Australia, 5 Cents (1987))


Bag #6
--------
17 wheat pennies (1919, 1935, 1937, 1940-S(2), 1944-D, 1945, 1945-D, 1946, 1948-S, 1952-D(2), 1953, 1953-D, 1955-S, 1956-D, 1958-D)

19 Canadian (1969(2), 1972(3), 1973, 1974(2), 1978, 1980, 1983(2), 1997(2), 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005(2))

10 dimes


Bag #7
--------
7 wheat pennies (1941, 1942, 1944, 1952, 1956-D(2), 1958-D)

27 Canadian (1961, 1962, 1963, 1970, 1972, 1974, 1975(2), 1979, 1980(2), 1981(2), 1982(3), 1983, 1984, 1988, 1991, 1993, 1995, 1996(2), 2001, 2002, 2005)

1 Foreign (Italy, 2 Euro Cent (2002))


Bag #8
--------
21 wheat pennies (1919(2), 1926, 1933, 1935-D, 1939, 1941, 1941-D, 1942, 1944, 1944-D(3), 1944-S, 1945, 1945-D, 1946, 1946-D, 1950-D, 1952-D, 1954-D)

32 Canadian (1940, 1964, 1968, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1986, 1989(2), 1990(2), 1993, 1994, 1995(3), 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003-P Uncrowned, 2005(2), 2005-P, 2006(2), 2006-RCM)

3 Foreign (Ireland, 2 Euro Cent (2002), Spain, 10 Euro Cent (1999), Switzerland, 10 Rappen (1982))

1 dime

Note: the 1933 was a first time in my life find (only 27 left to find including the large/small mintmark varieties for 1928-S and 1941-S).
Newest wheat I have yet to find ever 1932. (now complete from 1933-1958 on finds only)
Highest mintage wheat I have yet to find ever 1910. <--still amazed I haven't found 1 of these.
 
Upvote 0
damn thats alot of coins searched.
Good haul though
 
ugotit22 said:
damn thats alot of coins searched.
Good haul though

Average week for me so far this year is around 46,000 coins so only a little above an average week.

By comparison last year I only averaged 36,690 coins per week. But I did a lot more error/date searching so it took longer.
 
Congrats Gman , on that 56d and the 33 penny ... nice totals damn you are coin picking machine :)
 
Wow!
Nice job on the 33 penny!
I've found a few of those 1910's.

I would have thought the Gman would have a full roll by now!
 
TXTim said:
Wow!
Nice job on the 33 penny!
I've found a few of those 1910's.

I would have thought the Gman would have a full roll by now!

I am only around 44% complete in the wheat penny area (as far as rolls and filling books go). Pretty much only have Denver from 1941 - 1958 (except 1943) full and Philadelphia from 1934 - 1958 except (1938, 1943, 1947, 1952, 1954, and 1955 (1 short) ). San Francisco I only have 1944-S and 1953-S complete.

Getting close to filling 1919 (2 short). Those pre-1941 wheaties with mintmarks (and a few without) are gonna take awhile. :tongue3:
 
Nice job GMan!!

I am surprised that any of your finds are a 'first time in my life find' with any many coins as you search. You CRH'ing still amazes me. Your a machine Gman!

Kudos.
 
LJ said:
Nice job GMan!!

I am surprised that any of your finds are a 'first time in my life find' with any many coins as you search. You CRH'ing still amazes me. Your a machine Gman!

Kudos.

There are a lot left that will qualify...just most of them are uncommon (or silver quarters)...

I am on pace to top last years totals for searching... which amazes me since between training to run my first marathon in June and switching jobs last fall (longer commute every day), I have spent significantly less time searching this year (mainly no checking for errors).

I am still hoping to run the marathon, but my legs are starting to give out on me a bit so I am not sure if I will make it or not. Annoying overuse injuries (read shinsplints/stress fracture) may prevent me finishing my training properly. Well there goes that machine theory.. ::)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom