Finds from Southport N.C.

RKinOI

Nov 18, 2004
Found these things Memorial wkend in Southport N.C.. The coolest is a military button, It has the great seal on it but also has some writing on the back. Should I try to clean it to I.D. Is there a certain way to clean it? Is it worth anything $$$ ? The place that I found it is about 50 ft. away from where an old gent told me a stack of civil war cannon balls were found while doing utility work about 70 years ago.

Attachments

• emma rae May05 067.jpg
    emma rae May05 067.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 266
Upvote 0
Cool stuff!

HH

Lonewolfe

OK on your finds I was the guy in uniform who stopped by to see if you were finding any thing.I Wwent the next day found a nice heavy silver ring not far from where we were. Give me a call when in town again.
muddy knees

Here is a pic of the button

Attachments

• emma rae May05 070.jpg
    emma rae May05 070.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 241
And the back

Attachments

• emma rae May05 071.jpg
    emma rae May05 071.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 233
Those are nice finds, I really like the button. I would rather they look like that than cleaned up. I have ruined a couple nice things by trying to clean them, but thats just me :) Anyhow, go find some more relics! i love 'em. Good luck on your next hunt!

Genuine pure torquise from the Squashblossem mine in Bizbee Arizona!!! ?I dont know??

Attachments

• emma rae May05 074.jpg
    emma rae May05 074.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 208
  • emma rae May05 074.jpg
    emma rae May05 074.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 211
  • emma rae May05 074.jpg
    emma rae May05 074.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 198
Cool finds RK!!? That button that you found is from the Indian Wars era.? Notice the shield being flat on top.? Eagle buttons from the Civil War would have a point on top of the shield.? I'll try to post a pic of the one I found.? Its an Eagle Infantry button from the Civil War.? HH!

Fox

Attachments

• ibutton.jpg
    ibutton.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 168
  • ibutton.jpg
    ibutton.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 162

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back