Finds of the week

Viking

Apr 1, 2007
Franconia Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Went out a few days this week to see if 2008 would be as bad as 2007.

Tuesday found under a apple tree a French uniform button and a Copper coin (1/2 Kreuzer from 1812).
Saturday went out around Nuremberg and found 2 ID disks.
And today i found some musket balls in the area where i found the coin.
Well i must say im happy.The oldest coin i had was from 1852.Now i need to try and hit the 1700s.

The only thing that bothered me was the Button.During ww2 there were no French troops in my area and the button is not older than the 1940s.My father in law (77)solved that riddle.Being a kid back then he said that during the war the Germans used prisoners to work the fields while the men were on the front.He said they were well treated and alot of times they were not even guarded.

Now i need to solve the riddle why those musket balls were there.

Greetings from Germany

Attachments

• F.Button.jpg
    F.Button.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 388
  • 12 Kreuzer.jpg
    12 Kreuzer.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 376
  • DSCF0745.jpg
    DSCF0745.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 375
  • Musket balls.jpg
    Musket balls.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 379
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are very nice finds! ID disks, LOL, German WWII ID tags, I wonder why the same person had two numbers? Two tours maybe? They are in nice condition. I thought those French Grenadier buttons were early 1900s but i am not sure right now, too many Weizens, LOL, I have found a few of them as well. Were you using that 12" coil? Nice post and HH, Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, did I tell you I bought an Ace 250 just to see what the hype was about? Very nice machine for the money, I'm sure it is even better with that 12" coil. Just wondering if you are using rechargeable batteries in the Ace? They are the way to go and the charge lasts a good long time and you save big $$$. HH, Mike

OP
OP
Viking

Viking

Apr 1, 2007
Franconia Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab
@Bavaria Mike
Hey Mike.Those are identity disks,Americans just call them dogtags,because they dont know any better ;D
Yes i have been using that 12" coil.I pulled a 1 Kreuzer piece (1852) out at 15".The conditions were excellent.I dont think i would have got it if the ground was dry.I have been using the same rechargeable batteries for about 2 years now.Only 1 disk per person,not like the Americans.If you notice both disks have different numbers.You might be right about the button mike,this is the first time i have found one,so i am not sure about the age.
Can i PM you and send my phone number? i have a question or two i would like to ask you.

@beetle662

Nuremburg is about 5km north of Feucht.I think the diskc belonged to civilians working in the Munitions Factory.

Greetings from Germany

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread