Finds Today---some coins and a new detecting friend

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
One of the newer T-Net members, who had emailed me and asked for detecting help, wanted to go detecting, since we live in the same city. Met up with Missy, and we got to where I suggested to meet at the park, but since the city is still working on re-newing it, we decided to try another close park, than to dodge the city workers.

I hadn't seen the park for about 6 years...they had re-newed it also. Took out lots of old trees and removed alot of the 2-3 foot high rolling natural landscape, and flattened it.... and put in new smaller trees.( Ruined a good park... :( ) But they did have a good sized totlot playground area.
Since the woodchips are a great place for a new detectorist to learn, we hunted there.

I had 2 firsts today, one was detecting with a lady fellow detectorist, the second was finding a silver quarter in the woodchips. Most coins lost in the woodchips are clad. A child must have raided their parents coin jar and lost this one. I just happened to find it....(sorry Missy....I really wish you could have found it....)

Missy found some dimes and pennies..she is still learning her M6, and hasn't quite perfected digging in the grass areas yet. All it takes, is time and practice.

Spent an hour and a half detecting and gave up because of the dang heat/humidity. Went to take a break at a fast food place ( nice and cool inside there)and talked about detecting for awhile.

Here is what I found today.

Attachments

• MonHunt1.jpg
    MonHunt1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 648
Upvote 0
lost at sea said:
Sounds like a good time if nothing else. It's also good to see people meeting and helping each other out. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Thanks lost, it was more fun talking to her about detecting, than with the guys I have hunted with before.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back