Finds under the maple tree..

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Well, had a million things to do today, so I got up early and headed to to diner down the street. Half way there I see a church tag sale..figured I had time to stop. Spent 4 dollars, ate and went home to mow the lawn. Big mistake...because the freshly cut grass was just begging to be hunted. Since I'm still getting use to the Ace, decided to detect only under the tree, take my time and only dig what I thought were coins. Didn't do to bad..2 wheaties..a 40 and a 48...no silver :-\ Didn't get anything else done, but tomorrow....yeah right..here's my finds..the tree..and my tag sale finds...thanks for looking.

Attachments

• cointr.jpg
    cointr.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 472
  • treetr.jpg
    treetr.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 487
  • bottr.jpg
    bottr.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 477
  • altr.jpg
    altr.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 481
Upvote 0
T

TreasureTales

Beautiful, graceful tree. Interesting almanac. A couple of wine carafes and a couple of Certo bottles, are you a bottle collector or do you use them for specific purposes? Sorry, I may be too nosey. The wheats are nice, and the pulltabs look just like the ones in California - who'd a thunk it? :D

It's hard to get out of the treasure seeking mindset, isn't it? I mean, I have not done a darn thing around my house since I found this website. I got company coming in a couple days and I haven't done anything to get ready. If they were treasure hunters, too, they might understand - but they aren't. :'(

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
TreasureTales said:
If they were treasure hunters, too, they might understand - but they aren't. :'(

:o Such people exist?? Oh my! We must plan how to convert them!! ;) Enjoy your visit pretty lady!

T

TreasureTales

Cynangyl said:
TreasureTales said:
If they were treasure hunters, too, they might understand - but they aren't. :'(

:o Such people exist?? Oh my! We must plan how to convert them!! ;) Enjoy your visit pretty lady!

Thank you Cyn. I'm trying to convince him to get a metal detector and join me on my little "adventures." His wife doesn't care if he and I sneak off all day to go rockhounding and fossil collecting, so I don't think she'd care if we did a day-long treasure hunt. Sometimes she goes along, but she is the type who doesn't like to get dirt on her hands. Can you imagine that?!

Say Copperhead, is that little magnifier thingy used for tying flies? After looking at your photos again, I think you did very well with your $4.00 at the tag sale. BTW, we call those sales Yard Sales here on the Left Coast - we don't play tag at our sales. hehehe j/k

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
TreasureTales said:
Sometimes she goes along, but she is the type who doesn't like to get dirt on her hands. Can you imagine that?!

I don't like getting dirt on my hands either.....atleast when I am eating I don't! lol Any other time I can play in the dirt and not get yelled at I am good! ;)

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs
Hate to say it but I like the tag sales finds better. And that is one heckacious maple tree! What a beauty.

OP
OP
Copperhead

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
TreasureTales said:
Beautiful, graceful tree. Interesting almanac. A couple of wine carafes and a couple of Certo bottles, are you a bottle collector or do you use them for specific purposes? Sorry, I may be too nosey. The wheats are nice, and the pulltabs look just like the ones in California - who'd a thunk it? :D

It's hard to get out of the treasure seeking mindset, isn't it? I mean, I have not done a darn thing around my house since I found this website. I got company coming in a couple days and I haven't done anything to get ready. If they were treasure hunters, too, they might understand - but they aren't. :'(
s
That's OK TT...I'm pretty nosey myself...no, not a bottle collector, just like glass..and everything else.. :) Thanks for the ID on the Certo bottles, the other ones...the lady at the TAG sale....thought they were milk bottles :-\...the magnifying glass..not sure about, but seems pretty old, just bought a new one for 10 bucks couple weeks ago, so of course I find this one today....thanks for being nosey..

T

TreasureTales

Copperhead said:
TreasureTales said:

s
That's OK TT...I'm pretty nosey myself...no, not a bottle collector, just like glass..and everything else.. :) Thanks for the ID on the Certo bottles, the other ones...the lady at the TAG sale....thought they were milk bottles :-\...the magnifying glass..not sure about, but seems pretty old, just bought a new one for 10 bucks couple weeks ago, so of course I find this one today....thanks for being nosey..

LOL, thanks for being so understanding of my unending curiosity.

Wine Carafe hanging upsidedown to dry.
9305.jpg

Certo bottles are apparently not being made anymore so you got yourself a couple of collectibles. WTG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread