What's new

First 1700's coin

Waynos

Sr. Member
Joined
May 28, 2015
Messages
266
Reaction score
721
Golden Thread
1
Location
Keene New Hampshire
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Propointer
Lesche Sampson T shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I found my first 1700's coin
It was a 1786 Vermont copper baby head
Here's some pics
 

Attachments

  • 2016090321143100.webp
    2016090321143100.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 2016090321143800.webp
    2016090321143800.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 2016090321140700.webp
    2016090321140700.webp
    70.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 2016090321141500.webp
    2016090321141500.webp
    88.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 2016090321142200.webp
    2016090321142200.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 163
Upvote 52
Cool! I never even knew there was such a coin.
 
Congratulations. I just joined the 1700's club myself (at least for US coins)


Feels pretty awesome, doesn't it...
 
First 1700s coin a state copper! That's awesome. Congrats on a beautiful coin and keep on digging! Best of luck and happy hunting!
 
Thanks everyone...I can't help but wonder if this coin could talk what stories it would have to tell
 
That's an excellent find. State coppers are always a great find. Congrts
 
Near the top of my bucket list . Baby's head Vermont is a winner , and a seldom seen variety . Big Congrats ! Nice one :occasion14:
 
Nice one, been awhile since one of those was posted.
 
That is fantastic find! Given how long its been sitting in the dirt, it looks to be in really good condition. Congratulations on joining the 1700's club!
 
you go, Wayne___________keep 'em comin'
 
Thanks everyone!!
 
That counts as a metal baby. I am green like your coin with ENVY!
 
Very nice, congrats! The only one I found was too toasted to read a date...
 
Incredible coin! Congrats! -Lisa & John
 
That's a fairly rare variety Vermont copper. Gotta love that. Congrats!
 
That's a tough one to find buddy. Great coin and one I would really like to find
 
Welcome to the 1700's club Waynos :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom