First Barber Dime, Miscellaneous Finds and Finaly Got My Cobalt Blob Soda Back From The Tumbler.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. I hope the hunting has been good to you all. I have had a few good hunts over the last few weeks. Most recent find was my first barber dime on Saturday. Whole Lotta nothing for 3 hours then popped silver on the way back to the car. I finally got to play the one dime game... Barber or Seated? And Barber it was. 1912 D. I can't believe it took so long to find one. Started detecting in 2017. I've pulled a Barber half and Seated dime before the Barber dime. Hope they show up more often now.

Had a few good coins, tokens and relics in the past month or so. No info on the T.F. Ducey token at all. V nickles and an Indian, Silver ring and silver pendant. Random pieces of jewelry and collar studs or cuff links. Just the kind of things to keep you coming back for more. Had to get a ring mandrel to straighten it out. Fits my pinkey and I love the style of it. Any guess on age? I believe it says 925 but it's so small I can't see.

And after of over a month in the tumbler I got my prized cobalt blob soda back home. Turned out great. Don't worry most of that month was spent on the inside of the bottle being cleaned. Nice and smooth now. Not all hazy like before. I'll show a before and after pic for you.

I also found the lid to an Edison Primary Battery while in the river. These were used for railroad signal lights back during the early 1900s. The last patent date is 1911. This was found about half a mile from an old trian bridge. I assume that's as far as it's traveled but you never know.

Here is everything for your enjoyment. Thanks for looking and happy hunting everyone. Find as much as you can before the snow gets too deep or the ground freezes.

20221031_165931.jpg

-Jewelry-
20221031_170019.jpg

20221031_170316.jpg

-Coins and Tokens-
20221031_170358.jpg

-Before-
20220824_195719.jpg

-After-
20221031_170602.jpg

-Battery Jar Lid-
20221031_170659.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 17

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. I hope the hunting has been good to you all. I have had a few good hunts over the last few weeks. Most recent find was my first barber dime on Saturday. Whole Lotta nothing for 3 hours then popped silver on the way back to the car. I finally got to play the one dime game... Barber or Seated? And Barber it was. 1912 D. I can't believe it took so long to find one. Started detecting in 2017. I've pulled a Barber half and Seated dime before the Barber dime. Hope they show up more often now.

Had a few good coins, tokens and relics in the past month or so. No info on the T.F. Ducey token at all. V nickles and an Indian, Silver ring and silver pendant. Random pieces of jewelry and collar studs or cuff links. Just the kind of things to keep you coming back for more. Had to get a ring mandrel to straighten it out. Fits my pinkey and I love the style of it. Any guess on age? I believe it says 925 but it's so small I can't see.

And after of over a month in the tumbler I got my prized cobalt blob soda back home. Turned out great. Don't worry most of that month was spent on the inside of the bottle being cleaned. Nice and smooth now. Not all hazy like before. I'll show a before and after pic for you.

I also found the lid to an Edison Primary Battery while in the river. These were used for railroad signal lights back during the early 1900s. The last patent date is 1911. This was found about half a mile from an old trian bridge. I assume that's as far as it's traveled but you never know.

Here is everything for your enjoyment. Thanks for looking and happy hunting everyone. Find as much as you can before the snow gets too deep or the ground freezes.

View attachment 2053260
-Jewelry-
View attachment 2053261

View attachment 2053262
-Coins and Tokens-
View attachment 2053263
-Before-
View attachment 2053264
-After-
View attachment 2053265
-Battery Jar Lid-
View attachment 2053266
The bottle is beautiful! Excellent restoration! Also, congrats on your first Barber dime (I just found my first recently)!

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, Congrats! Nothing like a cobalt bottle!

The bottle is beautiful! Excellent restoration! Also, congrats on your first Barber dime (I just found my first recently)!

Super nice finds, but oh, that bottle is killer!
Thanks everyone. This year has probably been my best so far for quality finds. Both in the ground and in the water. I'd take quality or quantity any day. Got a few months to go hopefully for some more great finds.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2053260
-Jewelry-
View attachment 2053261

View attachment 2053262
-Coins and Tokens-
View attachment 2053263
-Before-
View attachment 2053264
-After-
View attachment 2053265
-Battery Jar Lid-
View attachment 2053266