Houston, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Lyfeguard

Jan 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My first two boxes were both skunks. It happens. Since then i average 1-2 AG's per box. Remember the good boxes make up for the skunks. Happy Hunting.

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
You better get used to it, its a big part of the game. If you keep looking you will find the silver. Good luck and happy hunting.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
TakeDownTick50 said:
Bought my first box of halves. a large portion of the coins had marker across the face. The entire box was a skunk plus one Panamanian coin. I got it from a chase in Houston TX, the rolls were brinks rolls. Is this common?

Keep the foreign coins, they are always a nice surprise.

Skunk boxes come and go. I had 8 skunked boxes last week in 2 days, 6 brinks and 2 String. Volume will get you through the skunks faster.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the panamainian coins can be silver, check the date.

Eigenturtle

Greenie
Dec 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first (and probably last) 11 boxes were skunks. I only go after CWR, which never seem to let me down.

GL & HH

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
As others have said boxes without silver is the norm, finding silver is the exciting part of the hunt. Be prepared to hunt many boxes that will be just spendable coins. I think my longest stretch of no silver was 12 or 13 boxes, then I got a winner with 23 keeper coins, 12 were 1964 or older coins. That is why we all keep hunting for those great boxes. Don't be discouraged.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TakeDownTick50 said:
Bought my first box of halves. a large portion of the coins had marker across the face. The entire box was a skunk plus one Panamanian coin. I got it from a chase in Houston TX, the rolls were brinks rolls. Is this common?
Mine were 2, both boxes with 4 proofs. But was at a coin shop the next day and bought a bag of wheats and buffallo nickels for 10.00 from a customer that the shop owner didnt want.got a merc, 6 war nickels and a shield nickel and a lot of buff and wheats.. first ever shield nickel.. keep it up it out there. pics and post coming soon.

OP
OP
T

TakeDownTick50

Feb 5, 2012
Houston, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll buy a few boxes from someother bank then. Apparently, some guy brings in rolls of coins with marker on the face. I did find an "Obama" coin in a cwr roll yesterday, it looked like someone had hit with something.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet TakeDownTick50. :icon_thumright:

You've received a Major Award...... :D

Attachments

• I Been Skunked.JPG
    I Been Skunked.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 153
  • I Been Skunked.JPG
    I Been Skunked.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 154

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
DigginThePast said:
Welcome to TreasureNet TakeDownTick50. :icon_thumright:

You've received a Major Award...... :D

HaHa.. I love how the skunk is holding a 1971-D.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
That is the name of the game. Keep trying. You never know when you will find treasure.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions