First day back from vacation and out pops a Merc!

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was so nice to finally be able to wear flip flops, shorts, and tee shirts for a change. Florida was a far cry from the mostly miserable spring weather up in Connecticut!

I hit a permission today in fairly wet weather. (I don't think I'm in Florida any more :laughing7:) Mid 40's and drizzling. I had some interesting finds, including a plow point, a very old heavy duty chain that was in the woods adjacent to the field, some old nails, a shotgun shell, and a piece that I cannot identify yet. It has 2 lines on each side that look like the number 11 or an equal sign, depending on how I hold it. It was in the middle of a 17 acre field, so I have my work cut out for me in figuring out what it is. I'll post it on the What is it forum.

I was on the line between the field and the woods when the high tone sang. I dug the plug and there she was. a 1941 Merc! Very happy! It's good to be back at it!

IMG_2719.JPG IMG_2720.JPG IMG_2726.JPG IMG_2727.JPG IMG_2723.JPG IMG_2724.JPG

Upvote 22

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, nice finds. That silver coin is in a nice condition still:icon_thumright:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
she's a beauty for sure!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep finding the goodies and of course post them for us to see! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread