erbdigger

Sep 13, 2014
Muncie IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Tesoro Cibola(current)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upgraded to the cibola from ace 250 and today was my first day out. Went to a house that was built in the late 1800s and I had hit it pretty hard in the past with my ace. I figured the cibola, If better and deeper, would find me something I had missed. I dug a lot of trash and some cool relics but the best find was my first trade token! I was ecstatic! I can't seem to find the cafe it was for although. I know it is from around the late 1800s BC that's when the gas boom of Muncie was. It was dubbed "magic city" because of the amount of natural gas. I thought it was pretty cool!
14535d608c7cc7d61ca3d183a37ccb62.jpg

f56187d518e95677d9cba64675dcf341.jpg

Upvote 9

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the cool find, and welcome to the Tesoro family! :occasion14:

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TokenCatalog.com

Can't find it here, but I'm sure they would like pics of this token for the catalog. Idahotokens here on TN can help you get them posted there.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
First off very nice token..I like finding things that you have to research..I started with the Cibola and it goes pretty deep.... I dug a farthing at 11 inches...what I have found is that at max depth it is a small circle to pick up the target...so I just moved slower and listened more carefully.. And I was impressed at the relics I have recovered... I picked up a lot of iron...but not a big deal because I don't mind digging iron,because there is the chance something is being masked by the iron.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool token!

OP
OP
E

erbdigger

Sep 13, 2014
Muncie IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Tesoro Cibola(current)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone! I called a local historical society and they have never seen the token before. The address on the token is no longer there. A round-a-bout is over its old place.

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find! Your piece is not on TokenCatalog.com and I would encourage you to post it there. I can do it with your permission. It is also not in the Grant listing of IN trade tokens from 2008. It appears to be made of aluminum - if that is correct it is probably from the 1900s as that material was not in common use until then. A search of Muncie city directories should provide some information on the Magic City Cafe, or at least what businesses were at that address.
John in the Great 208

OP
OP
E

erbdigger

Sep 13, 2014
Muncie IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Tesoro Cibola(current)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you would, i would be fine with you posting them to the catalog! Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread