First ever Gold Panning Expedition in Warren Co. Indiana !

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First ever Gold Panning Expedition in Warren Co. Indiana !

Couldn’t stand it anymore. Took a drive to Warren Co. IN. today, weather was unbelievable for Feb. and I’ve got real tired of panning dirt with lead shot in it. Found a spot along the Big Pine Creek, water was not bad, no snow to melt and there was exposed bedrock and some natural riffles. First pan and now I know what flour gold looks like. Put it in a vial and you had a hard time seeing it. Panned a few more and was getting a spec in every pan. Had the wife with me and she was not into the moment so didn’t stay long. She about fell over laughing when I showed her one of the specs in the pan when she came down to the creek side. I did bring about a half a five home to pan in the garage. Ended up with about a dozen very, very small pieces. But it was good enough for me.

Didn’t hardly pay for the trip
Gas $25 +
2 hr. + on the road
3 hr. + panning the cons. at home.

Excitement….. priceless!

Wife did buy lunch….think she felt sorry for me. LOL

Upvote 0

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: First ever Gold Panning Expedition in Warren Co. Indiana !

Hi Hunter,

Congrats on the gold! It all adds up. Keep at it. Where there is flour there is bigger gold. Just need to dig deeper and if on bedrock be sure to clean every crack and crevis of all dirt as far as you can go. If possible break open the cracks to get deeper. Clean all the dirt off you can to pan. That is how you find bigger gold.

Good Luck!

B H Prospector

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri

make sure you rerun your material untill your sure theres no more gold in it. being new to panning, youll more than likely miss a few!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Remember, our wives ALREADY know we are crazy! Glad you had fun!!

z.daniel88

Feb 17, 2012
Richmond IN
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

good job... i need to get over to brown county sometime and run some material . no gold here in richmond and i know cuz ive been looking. lol one last spot to try that actually has exposed bedrock, hopefully i get something for my troubles...if not ill still be lookin tomorrow! posts some pics !

Bucketfreak68

Feb 11, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X- Terra 305
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Congrats hunter glad to hear you got the fever my family laughed at me to until every trip I spent out turned up with me coming home with gold now they don't find it too humorous though flour gold is small its just like someone else said it adds up and you will find larger flecks from time to time that make it more worth the while.
At any rate I hope you find a bunch more :headbang:

Crozz

Dec 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good job... i need to get over to brown county sometime and run some material . no gold here in richmond and i know cuz ive been looking. lol one last spot to try that actually has exposed bedrock, hopefully i get something for my troubles...if not ill still be lookin tomorrow! posts some pics !

I have panned in Morgan Monroe State Forest and I feel that can read the water and the land fairly well. I have found as much gold in Wayne County. I have found nice pickers, lots of flour gold and a small nugget half the size of a large pea. It is rock shaped instead of mashed flat like MMSF gold. Have found gold in creeks around Hagerstown, Greens Fork, Centerville and south side of Richmond. Usually find it where the creeks are close to hills, not large flat bottom ground. In the creek between opposite bends, if there are larger rocks in rapids between those bends is where I find good amounts. The bends need to be fairly close. Check two or three spots at the head and the tail and at your best spot, pan down to clay then outward.

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know next time you go...if im not working Ill pay for the gas, and bring my toys..lol You still havent found any around here?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions