What's new

First ever ringed bullet

JVA5th

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2014
Messages
4,972
Reaction score
28,134
Golden Thread
0
Location
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First ever ringed bullet I've found. I'm curious to know the age of it and what gun would use these. I've done tons of bullets here in California but this is the first like this. mir_20200911_143547.webpmir_20200911_143619.webp
 
To me, it looks like a .58 caliber "Gardner" bullet. Wait for a couple of our resident experts to chime in though, because I'm guessing. Great find! :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
To me, it looks like a .58 caliber "Gardner" bullet. Wait for a couple of our resident experts to chime in though, because I'm guessing. Great find! :hello2:
Thank you for the info, yeah I hope someone will know what it is. I enjoy learning more. Hoping to gain more knowledge so I can help others identify things plus I enjoy learning about relics.
 
Upvote 0
Welp I must not be good with Google as I myself still haven't figured out what kind of bullet this is. I ended up find a old post on this with someone who had one very similar to mine but still no answers on what it was. People claimed civil war bullet on that one however impossible with my as mine came out of central California. I'm wanting it to be something neat but I'm sure it won't be. Just not a lot about one ringed bullets on Google.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Probably not much help but this little ruler was all I could find
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom