What's new

first find of 2010, and kinda special

larson1951

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
4,974
Reaction score
3,894
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
tried to check out my spot today
ended up getting stuck in the mud on the road going into the field
I am glad I got stuck where I did because here is what I found next to the truck about 250 yards from where I wanted to go
I have another point similar but only serrated on one side
I really like this one
I wish I would've had my camera
I don't know what kind of material it is
does anybody know what kind of stone this is?
is it some type of quartzite????
Larosn1951
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1866.webp
    IMG_1866.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_1867.webp
    IMG_1867.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_1868.webp
    IMG_1868.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_1869.webp
    IMG_1869.webp
    43.5 KB · Views: 437
Upvote 0
That is beautiful!
I am always astonished at the nice stuff you have found on your property.
If I bring a Honey Baked Ham, can I come stay for a couple of days?

www.markdance.com
 
Not sure on the material larson, but that is definitely one wicked looking point.
 
Another Killer!
 
Thats a beauty Larson, congrats.
 
Awesome find. You continue to post spectacular finds. Thanks for sharing.
 
Real cool point! My guess on the material would be silicified sandstone, also called Hixton by some. Maybe heat-reated which would explain the wicked color pattern, and put it in the Mississippian period, jmo! Thanks for the post bud!

badandy
 
Sure looks like Quartzite Larson.....nice find and thanks for sharing it with us.
 
Too far from you for a full-value two cents-worth, so a one cent-worth opinion : looks too fine-grained for Hixton, and not glossy enough. My uninformed guess would be Spanish Diggings Quartzite from out West.

Nice point ! :headbang:
 
Ok so you are driving out to the field and get stuck in the mud and come away with that?? I think its going to be a great year for you. Your best ever :icon_sunny:
TnMtns
 
yep I have a feelin That some great stuff will be popin up this year!
 
2010 (and december of 2009) has been great. Lets hope we get a big rain once a week and we are allways the first ones out. To all you in md its on!!!!
 
Wicked point..

Molly.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom