What's new

First goal of this year out of the way!!

Ray in CA

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2007
Messages
983
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
One of my aims this year in metal detecting was to find my first Barber quarter, and today was the day!!

Came home today about 3pm and decided to hit the old jail site where I had found an IH my first time out with the Safari. Detected for about 40 minutes before it was time to head out. I almost threw my detector into the Jeep when I decided that I was going to give an area near my vehicle just one quick pass. Glad I did! Got about six feet away and snagged a 1907 Barber quarter. Did the happy dance (well, not visibly anyway) and gave the Lord a big "thanks!"

The coin came in at +37/+38 on the Safari at about six inches deep, and it was somewhat of a choppy signal. Unfortunately my lazy digging finally caught up with me, and I scratched the back. :-\

Oh well, I don't really plan on selling it anyway. Next on my goal list is a seated dime. Gonna have to start doing some research to get one of these, I think.

HH,

Ray
 

Attachments

  • barber1.webp
    barber1.webp
    42.5 KB · Views: 654
  • barber2.webp
    barber2.webp
    40.2 KB · Views: 657
  • barber3.webp
    barber3.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 656
Upvote 0
Sad about the scratch, been there, done that. Great first find!
 
Nicely done. Still waiting for my 1st anything silver coin. Hope you have a cache on that list! HH-mapo
 
Very Nice, Ray!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Barber quarters are scarce anywhere!!

Great find, and continued success with your Safari!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
 
Congs on your first Barber.....Matt
 
Nice Barber quater.
 
me too. still waiting for anything silver. i came close tho... silver and buffs are on my wishlist this year
congrats on the barber... :)
mapo said:
Nicely done. Still waiting for my 1st anything silver coin. Hope you have a cache on that list! HH-mapo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom