First Gold find - only 4 days out

RCGoodin

Sep 12, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Detector(s) used
Just bought a used White's V3i. Can't wait to get it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Today's find.jpg
    Today's find.jpg
    777.5 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Upvote 5

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
My fourth day and I found gold.........I'm hooked.

Can anyone identify the stone in the ring? It's stamped 14k.................fits a little finger. Any idea on worth?

Hi RCGoodin,

Great Find!
You can take your ring to a jeweler and they can give you an estimate of what the ring may have sold for new, then if you want to sell it, you can decide what price to let it go for. I have sold rings for about 30-40 percent of retail. You can also weigh it and there are many gold calculators online to get the gold value.

Bill

OP
OP
RCGoodin

RCGoodin

Sep 12, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Detector(s) used
Just bought a used White's V3i. Can't wait to get it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-

Hi RCGoodin,

Great Find!
You can take your ring to a jeweler and they can give you an estimate of what the ring may have sold for new, then if you want to sell it, you can decide what price to let it go for. I have sold rings for about 30-40 percent of retail. You can also weigh it and there are many gold calculators online to get the gold value.

Bill

Thanks for the feedback. I don't think I'll be able to part with it. My wife doesn't think I'll part with it either. I'm not how to get it off her pinky.

When you sell, do they give you a price for the gold and another price for the stone, or is the stone not worth much?

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the feedback. I don't think I'll be able to part with it. My wife doesn't think I'll part with it either. I'm not how to get it off her pinky.

When you sell, do they give you a price for the gold and another price for the stone, or is the stone not worth much?

They give 10-20% less then gold value so they can make a buck and may or may not give you anything for the stone. Have it checked out and go from there. But make sure you calculate the gold value for yourself at current prices when you sell gold, so you don't get ripped off. Shop around ... knowledge is power!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions