First Gold find - only 4 days out

RCGoodin

Sep 12, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Detector(s) used
Just bought a used White's V3i. Can't wait to get it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Today's find.jpg
    Today's find.jpg
    777.5 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Upvote 5

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful gold !

Fingerlakes119

Aug 16, 2013
Finger Lakes Region Of NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Profind
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I am glad your starting to get some good finds with your new detector. The stone could be an aquamarine. Its the birth stone for the month of March.

RelicPrime113

Aug 20, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver, Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds and congrats on your first gold! I agree too, the stone could be aquamarine or even a sapphire.

jcobb

May 23, 2008
Ft. Worth Tejas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030...AT Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter 505 (Loaner)
congrats on your 1st GOLD!

Selling it they will only give you melt value, prob $60-70
Keep it! Having your 1st gold ever is worth more than a few bucks. I regret selling my gold

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first gold. I too believe sentimental value will be more than monetary. Having said that, it belongs to you, and you have control. You might keep it, give it away, attempt to find the original owner or simply sell it. Only you can make this decision. Hope you are comfortable in your decision and happy hunting.

Gfrrt

Sep 23, 2013
Monroe
Detector(s) used
White's cm pro and Discovery 1100 with garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats sweet.Congrats.

OP
OP
RCGoodin

RCGoodin

Sep 12, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first gold. I too believe sentimental value will be more than monetary. Having said that, it belongs to you, and you have control. You might keep it, give it away, attempt to find the original owner or simply sell it. Only you can make this decision. Hope you are comfortable in your decision and happy hunting.

Thanks to all for your responses. And, thank you for making me understand hanging on to my first gold find. I will and my wife seems to have a keen since of ownership also. It cleaned up very nice. I will have it appraised so I can apply it's value to the expense of the detector. Maybe it will cover the cost of the wireless speakers that cam yesterday.

The area I'm currently hunting is a park established in 1994, so no older coins. It has two sand volleyball courts, so I thought about jewelry. I haven't gotten a hit there yet, but I'll keep trying.

I'm excited and thankful you guys are here with a bunch of encouragement. I hope I can return the favor.

Have a great weekend and Happy Hunting.

Fix

Oct 17, 2012
Southern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro with a 15 inch DD WOT coil.
Deeptech Vista Gold.
AT Max.
Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a sweet ring!
It's a great feeling finding one like that.
You'll be chasing the high forever now.
Welcome to the most addicting hobby I know.
Congrats!

rlc1940

Sep 21, 2013
I agree with the others...keep it, enjoy it! Sure wish I hadn't sold mine...rings are gone, moneys gone, at my age lucky to have the memories! !

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:notworthy: BIG CONGRATS ON LOVELY GOLD RING! :sunny::blob9: Took me well over 2 years to dig my first gold ring, then second one came just a few months later.

Hope you're on a roll now! HAVE FUN! Andi

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect you will now struggle a little:thumbsup:

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Thanks to all for your responses. And, thank you for making me understand hanging on to my first gold find. I will and my wife seems to have a keen since of ownership also. It cleaned up very nice. I will have it appraised so I can apply it's value to the expense of the detector. Maybe it will cover the cost of the wireless speakers that cam yesterday.

The area I'm currently hunting is a park established in 1994, so no older coins. It has two sand volleyball courts, so I thought about jewelry. I haven't gotten a hit there yet, but I'll keep trying.

I'm excited and thankful you guys are here with a bunch of encouragement. I hope I can return the favor.

Have a great weekend and Happy Hunting.

First finds of anything is great, first gold finds are the most awesome so CongratZ!

I specialize in jewelry hunting, gold specifically so if you want to find more this is my advice.
Dig all signals, or at least all the solid clear ones and even the ones that come in at trash.
I have found 23 gold targets and every one came in at places and numbers that are trash for me 99.999% of the time.
Areas like foil and tabs.
I have found a few at the nickel and zinc areas, too, but again not exactly at the same numbers where real nickels or zinc pennies come in but at numbers where trash like can slaw lives.

Many find great jewelry in the sand in those volleyball courts you mentioned but I never have.
On the other hand the area AROUND those courts can hold many great targets and my most favorite and productive area to find gold is also another court...basketball courts.
Think about it...players take off their jewelry and place them in piles with their shirts and other belongings and place them in areas around these court sites...and then many forget that they did so when they pick up their stuff to go this jewelry can and does fall out.
I know this happens because I have found 9 gold rings around basketball courts in just the last year or so since I started targeting these sites.

Mjw38

Aug 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on an awesome find. Which detector are u using?

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your first gold! Now you know what gold fever feels like. :occasion14:

Steve

OP
OP
RCGoodin

RCGoodin

Sep 12, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on an awesome find. Which detector are u using?

I bought a used White's Sprectra V3i on Ebay. I'm still learning. It came with a Garrett Pin Pointer. How does anyone do this without one? What a great tool.

OP
OP
RCGoodin

RCGoodin

Sep 12, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First finds of anything is great, first gold finds are the most awesome so CongratZ!

I specialize in jewelry hunting, gold specifically so if you want to find more this is my advice.
Dig all signals, or at least all the solid clear ones and even the ones that come in at trash.
I have found 23 gold targets and every one came in at places and numbers that are trash for me 99.999% of the time.
Areas like foil and tabs.
I have found a few at the nickel and zinc areas, too, but again not exactly at the same numbers where real nickels or zinc pennies come in but at numbers where trash like can slaw lives.

Many find great jewelry in the sand in those volleyball courts you mentioned but I never have.
On the other hand the area AROUND those courts can hold many great targets and my most favorite and productive area to find gold is also another court...basketball courts.
Think about it...players take off their jewelry and place them in piles with their shirts and other belongings and place them in areas around these court sites...and then many forget that they did so when they pick up their stuff to go this jewelry can and does fall out.
I know this happens because I have found 9 gold rings around basketball courts in just the last year or so since I started targeting these sites.

Thanks for the response and thanks for the tip. I'll give you some feedback when I'm successful. I feel like I've been drawn to this hobby for some strange reason. I'm assuming each find will tell me a little more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread