Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I told myself I was going to go after more gold this year. I got very lucky last year and found a 14k diamond ring and a women's class ring. This time i was checking most high 40's on the ATP and i can tell you it was wearing me out not to mention the trash. Ugggggh but it happen today. Perfect 47-48! Saw gold, next second I saw what i tought was a gold pulltab and 3 loooong seconds later realized it WAS gold. ( I did no the gold dance ) Plus the best 1920 Wheat Penny I ever found. Good day for me.

Attachments

• IMG_1538.PNG
    IMG_1538.PNG
    309.2 KB · Views: 213
Upvote 25
Great find nice way to ring in the new year I love the AT pro gold seems to hit at the 44 to 47 range and others also but the vdi does not bounce more than 2 to 3 numbers for gold I'm still frozen in here in MI Thanks for the post hope to see more Keep it up!!!!!!!!

Great find nice way to ring in the new year I love the AT pro gold seems to hit at the 44 to 47 range and others also but the vdi does not bounce more than 2 to 3 numbers for gold I'm still frozen in here in MI Thanks for the post hope to see more Keep it up!!!!!!!!

Down here near New Orleans we're in the mid 30s. Next week will be in the 70s. It's crazy. If they think that it might snow, which happens every blue moon, all work and schools are canceled. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job on digging the mid-tones! :occasion14: I have found Gold as low as 38 on the AT Pro, but that low is where lots of the trash lives.

Nice work with that gold!Got my Atpro in November and did n,t find gold with so far but was more relic hunting .Here its-20celcius or -4 far and 3 feet of snow i,m waiting spring.:-)

Congrats on scoring the gold ring.

Very well done sir!

Nice ring,
Is there a stone?
What Karat?
Yes I know the feeling about digging low tones for GOLD.
I think someone said for every 10,000 low tones dug, there is GOLD.
Well I didn't get mine last year until late December.
Restarted the counter for 2017. I hope I find it early.

I also had a slow year on gold last year only 3 you give me hope.And a very nice wheat for a dug coin.It also looks to be an off center struck coin.

Nice ring,
Is there a stone?
What Karat?
Yes I know the feeling about digging low tones for GOLD.
I think someone said for every 10,000 low tones dug, there is GOLD.
Well I didn't get mine last year until late December.
Restarted the counter for 2017. I hope I find it early.

Trying to find the stone no luck. 14k. Man I was starting to get real real real frustrated. I've been off work since Christmas and made a mission for gold low tones md'ing everyday 5 hr avaerages. I remember asking God to please give me a break today. I told God, "I think I deserve it by now". It was my last dig before dark.

I also had a slow year on gold last year only 3 you give me hope.And a very nice wheat for a dug coin.It also looks to be an off center struck coin.

I'll take a relook. I hope you find that gold my friend and something tells me you will.

It does look off a little. :))

Last edited:
Trying to find the stone no luck. 14k. Man I was starting to get real real real frustrated. I've been off work since Christmas and made a mission for gold low tones md'ing everyday 5 hr avaerages. I remember asking God to please give me a break today. I told God, "I think I deserve it by now". It was my last dig before dark.

THAT IS AWESOME:
I ask for finds also while detecting.
Anymore I get real specific.
I ask God for me to find a ring on a hunt once and sure enough, I found one, It was a junker.
Now I ask for silver or gold :laughing7: but always add I am happy to just be out detecting.

Haha last hunt of 2016 I begged for a gold and thought I found 1 but it turned out to be bling, but was still very nice looking cz heart pendant for a necklace and my wife likes it, so a bonus anyways.

Congrats on pulling gold early in the season Truth.:occasion14: Hoping that's a good omen for the rest of 2017. One can never dig too much of the gold.

LOL.. I've been to that point that I think prayer might help!

That's a small target to get your coil over. :) My typical average is about 40 hours between gold... Sometimes it'll be 2 in a hole followed by 80 hours, though... I went through a 120 hour dry spell, then BAM... three golds in 3 weeks. Go figure..

Skippy

lol I had a 3 month dry spell from ANYTHING good!! I was living on "wheat" the whole and I was thankful to get it. MD'ing has taught me being humble and humility. I never thought I'd see the day when I would work so hard for a penny. .......And be ecstatic lol

Haha last hunt of 2016 I begged for a gold and thought I found 1 but it turned out to be bling, but was still very nice looking cz heart pendant for a necklace and my wife likes it, so a bonus anyways.

See work hard first and once you're a broken man and humbly ask God to PLEASE help me do this before I snap. He gave it to me. He was probably laughing at me and threw me a bone. ::grateful

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back