First Gold?

nomorebeer

Greenie
Mar 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey guys, i finaly got a chance to go some creek the area reported there is gold reserve found but not process yet. I just reach the creek but weather was too bad. I get some sample from random area, (not behind big rock or on bedrock or inside bed). So, i spend couple minutes the complete panning carefully. Then i got someting micro kind yellow things was sitting bottom of my pan. But i got very strong rain and i able did only 2 pans. :( My second pan i can not even check because of the rain... So i need to ran. The closest safe place was 1km walk distance away from river bed. And i was already wet like i drop into sea. So there is picures of my only first pan. There is no coin for scale sorry but it's very very tiny. You can barely see with yor naked eye. Like smaller than the pin head. Is it gold? If it is.. it's my first time i ever see natural gold with my eye. If i got no rain i was trying to sample behind rocks and upstream etc but no chance.. But if it's gold so i can assume this creek contains gold right?

Best Regards...

100_4787.JPG
100_4790.JPG Tried to snap with loupe.
2015-06-03 11.28.50.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like gold to me. Did you find any black sand on top of it before it showed up in the pan? If you dug dirt from the banks or the creek bed itself and that showed up in your pan you can bet your buttons that its a gold bearing creek.

OP
OP
N

nomorebeer

Greenie
Mar 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Duckwalk, thanks for quick reply. I get sample from just surface of the ground i pointed at picture. No i don't get any blacksand.( I was tried cople pans another creeks but not reported gold area, and i was find alot of black sand there not here) Maybe i don't get any blacksand because it was just couple inches deep, just imageine camping shovel and dig like 5 inch, just very close the surface i get the material. Everything happend too quickly becasue strong rain started when i just finished my first pan. If i had a chace was trying dig some more like the water levels bottom of the picture.

222.png

benny

Sep 15, 2012
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kind of like the looks of the bedrock on the other side of the stream. Might have to wait for the water to get lower, or pick around in the crevices on that rock to see what you can find. Good luck!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like real gold to me too. Get back there and dig more :)

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congratulations! Now get down on and into the bedrock for larger pieces.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dig on the downstream side of the tree on the right side. Dig deep but sample it down in layers of six inches at a time panning out everything. Check which layer produces the most gold. Good Luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread