What's new

First Hour with the new EXCAL 2

Buzzlitebeer

Full Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2012
Messages
240
Reaction score
155
Golden Thread
0
Location
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well I made the plunge and bought the Excal 2 and got an an hour tonight and all I can say is wow!

Got there an hour after low tide and worked some lines and when you hit something it is something. My case tonight a bunch of tabs, can slaw and some clad. But I had worked this area a bunch of times and the number of targets I dug was amazing! Found some coins real deep that have so much build up I will have to soak them before I know what they are.

Cant wait til tmrw!!!

Heading to Hugonuet in Jacksonville for a semi low tmrw for more education!

HH
 
Upvote 0
Nice start with your new machine. One of the best. The gold will come soon.
 
I share your happiness! :occasion14:
 
Unless they're really recent drops expect most targets to be deep due to all of the recent sand build up, have to really be listing for those faints now. I hit a coin line the other day an just about everything was 10 - 12" deep, or more. Very small signatures and faint responses. You're going to love the machine. :icon_thumleft:
 
Id say from being a dirt digger for many years the most impressive thing i noticed was the NULL on iron. It just really dislikes iron.

Dew
 
Let us know how hugenot park works for ya. Ive always wanted to hunt there but I don't know how the staff would react to seeing someone md out there
 
As Dew said, "It just dislikes iron." The best part is the iron,if it is over a gold ring or other metal target will sound off unlike other MD's which would mask out the ring too.
 
Id say from being a dirt digger for many years the most impressive thing i noticed was the NULL on iron. It just really dislikes iron.

Dew
What really tells you what is iron is using the Aqua Sound.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom