First house of what I"d consider a ghost town

bufaloeletric

Oct 27, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Umax, Tesoro Outlaw, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A small ghost town near some old iron ore mines in Virginia. What I believe if a "flying lady" hood ornament from either a Cadillac or Plymouth perhaps. Some kind of old jewelry with three very worn stones still in the sets. The "coin" is what I thought was mine script, but turns out to me a token that was used to pay sales taxes during the depression. I believe this token was 1/1000 of a cent. Has 'Alabama Dept. of Revenue' stamped on it. My uncle actually found it, but he traded me for a small pewter terrier looking dog figurine that I had found. Some kind of stringed instrument tuners. Part of a marble. The object just below and to the left of the "flying lady" I cannot identify. Some sort of solid glass "globe" mounted in brass or copper it seems. The more modern change was found at a different site, miles from there I stopped at on way home. The nickle is a 1943. Part of a marble IMG-1484.jpg

Upvote 8

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hood ornament most closely resembles one for a 1935 or 36 Desoto, but is not a perfect match. It could possibly be an aftermarket hood ornament from the same time period that mounted to the radiator cap

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice hunt! Awesome car ornament. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread