First hunt with Garrett Ace 350, silver and gold!

Schemp

Apr 11, 2011
Milwaukee
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/ Ace 350
So I got my very first Metal detector after I sold my finds from that abandoned farmhouse/garage. Me and my wife started in the garage again since I have a very nagging feeling that there is more in there. I set my detector to discriminate everything except the bar that pops up sterling for me since there was so much trash and other metals in there. After a while I almost gave up because the signals were moving all over the place so sporadically I couldn't really discern what was what. I hit one spot that just went solid and decided to sift and dig. I walked away with more sterling and some more gold. My wife is a true trooper and if it wasn't for her, I would of never got a detector. I think she didn't realize I would really enjoy this as much as her. We fought off the hoard of mosquito's, got attacked by some ground bees, and dealt with the heat. She stuck thru it all , I think shes a keeper lol :)

Heres the pics.

I am considering asking some friends for help detecting this entire property since it is so large and I have no idea where to begin since I am pretty new to this. I did do some detecting around the property some but all I dug up was an old license plate from 1965, a really old kids wagon wheel, and some sorta iron thing with a porcelain center thing. If I ask friends for help, what is the right thing to do? Split all finds 50/50? Keep the site a secret? Its untouched as far as detecting goes and I am positive there are goodies buried somewhere here.

Heres the haul after a little cleaning and removing the junk stuff.

Sterling in upper left, Gold right next to it, Some costume Jewelry, some various trinkets, over $2 in clad, 2 more silver dimes, some B&G figurines, a police badge, a real cool marble and some old iron things

dig28.1.JPG

The sterling, a porcelain Skeleton Key that was wrapped up in burlap in a badly eroded wood box. Anyone know anything about this?
dig28.JPG

EDIT: token tested non silver
14k ring, a silver looking Centennial token, and a cool looking bicentennial bronze token.
dig29.JPG

another look
dig30.JPG

Chicago fair ashtray, circa 1933
dig31.JPG

Porcelain Skeleton Key, really need some help figuring out what this is for and what to do with it.
dig32.JPG

Saved the coolest for last. A Waltham Silver Pocket Watch, Im guessing around 1899 just from the little research Ive done today.
dig37.JPG

Backside of watch
dig38.JPG

Ive already paid for my Detector which is nice, I just need to learn it better. I know theres alot more where this came from there. I just have this nagging feeling about it and its driving me nutz!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Schemp

Apr 11, 2011
Milwaukee
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/ Ace 350
The badge I am taking to the dept here that its from to find out more. I was told by someone that in the 50s they had special police for certain things.

Me and wife did talk and it looks like we are going to get another detector since we both are really enjoying this. Taking all the advice from everyone here, we are going to keep the site a secret as long as we possibly can.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions