First Hunt With My New Quattro

WormtownHunter

Jun 14, 2006
Worcester, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-70 Pro
A Big Hello To All,

Well, after receiving the new Quattro by UPS on Friday, I had a long agonizing 2 day wait to try her out. Thanks to the detecting gods, I was able to leave work today at noon and needless to say I rushed out to one of my local "hunted out" places to work the ground for a bit.

Until I am fully used to the Quattro, I have decided to run her in Coins mode at Auto sensitivity. After doing the Noise Cancel, I hunted my favorite strip at the place, all the while sweeping slow, and my 1st target read with a nice high tone. After taking note that the target was about 6"+, I tried the wiggle method of pinpointing, and retrieved a nice 1953 Wheat Cent at about 7 3/4" down in a plug I cut. No, it's not silver, but I am EXCITED about this machine and learning all the ins & outs of her language.

Hopefully next post will be some nice old silver coins!

Happy Hunting To You All!

Barry

Upvote 0

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm excited for you too! That Quattro sounds pretty nice.

The first coin I ever found with my Explorer was also a wheatie. I have it in a 2x2 flip. I did the same thing you did, ran to my local "hunted out area" and set to work. ;)

R

realmhunter

Great first find with the quattro..keep up the good work.- RH

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Congratulations on the new machine and finding a wheat first time out. It is a great machine. It should do well in your area.

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread