Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After 2 yrs of trying to find a detector that would do what I wanted it to do, has finally arrived.. and let me tell ya this much, I loved every minute of my hunt, it was just fantastic to me..actually almost all of my finds were in either wet sand or ankle deep water ( yes, I always seem to get the feet wet..lol) so my virgin hunt was a success, no gold or jewels yet, as this was my first test run, but I know now I have the right machine..and I love it.. I also hunted with a good friend, Rick, he did rather well too today..but we also met a fellow hunting there and low and behold guess what he was using.. the Sov. GT..I chatted with him a few minutes and told him I just got mine yesterday, so he asked to see how I had it set up.. I had two switches set wrong ( but thats ok as I am learning) so he fixed it for me..and I was in clad heaven for my short hunt.. He even came back about a hr later to make sure I was doing ok with those settings and I told him, man I getting hits alot more and boy did I dig some deep holes,but by golly, I found every target ( yeah me ) so needless to say the thrill is back.. I just had a ball I tell ya.. I have more faith in me and my gt.. I had it hip mounted, it was comfortable and lightweight for me with the straight shaft, which I love.. and not having a meter to look at didnt bother me at all. infact now I prefer no meter or vid... I didnt strike any gold yet, but I know I will.. I got the faith in me back and faith in my GT.. I loved it all.. so heres my short hunt pictures.

Attachments

• 1107gt.jpg
    1107gt.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 755
Upvote 0
I am glad to see that you finally found your dream machine!

I wish you success in your metal detecting endeavers!

Neil

Glad to see you're so positive about your new machine. That confidence is more important than what machine you're using.

Have fun learning your Sovereign.
Mike

Cool deal Bootybay, glad you like it. I wish you great luck w/ it in the future.

Good luck,
HH.

Hey Booty,hang onto your hat,girl.That GT will take you to the real happy dance.Great finds for first time out with it. :thumbsup:

with no meter --your ears will become what your "eyes"were with meter machines -- you will learn to listen to your machine and what its saying to you very carefully.

Congrats! I have a GT also and just fairly recently posted my finds from a Camp Lejeune/Onslow Beach trip where I found my first gold wedding band. A trip a year ago prior I found a Triton Titanium wedding band with the GT. It is so stable at the beach it is amazing. I also bought a Sunray S-12, 12.5" coil for it which is what I used when I found the gold band. I love the coil, it goes very deep and I am confident that not much will escape this coil's grasp. It is a dream at the beach, which I don't get to hunt but 1 or 2 times a year. I have a White's Spectrum that I have used since 1991 until I got the GT. When I took it to the beach many times since 1991, I heard alot of noise and instability, particularly in wet sand. I never did find a ring at the beach with it. Now with the GT, I am 2 for 2. I have been impressed, though I do get frustrated in trashy areas with it when I am hunting land sites. I just have to learn it more. Good luck, Bryan in Goldsboro

So glad you finally found the machine that was a perfect fit for you! Sounds like you are having a blast with it already. Hope you and Sov have many successful hunts together!

That's awesome, Boots. Good for you for sticking with it and finding the right machine for you. :thumbsup:

Sounds like a match that was meant to be :)

If you're finding those types of targets, good things will follow soon!

HH!
watercolor

im glad you finally found the machine that makes sense to you! :thumbsup: the Sov is a nice machine, but a lot of people are so stuck on a meter that they dont consider it. i am beginning to believe that visual target ID meters are more harm than good since i started going by sound on my explorer rather than what the meter says. it was surprising to me to see how often the meter was wrong. anyway, congrats on a new machine and on those cool finds! :thumbsup:

Glad to hear it.

I have a VDU but never bother looking at it & my only complaint about the Cortes is that you can't belt mount it, so its slowing killing me, but I never learn.....lol

I gotta tell ya thou.. I set it up by the manual for my first hunt, which I was getting hits, but then I ran into Dan, whom I met on the beach, whom also had the gt with him, hes also a member of the SJMD club.. so if it wasnt for him, I woulda been still hunting in the settings I had it in.. but he sure was a huge help to me.. so far every member from the south jersey metal detecting club that I have met, all have been very nice.. but I am super syked too I tell ya. :thumbsup:

Girl! :D You've done went and changed machines again? :icon_scratch: :D Maybe this one will do it for ya! :thumbsup:

Good luck and congrats on those finds~ Nana :wink:

Nice job! Sounds like you love your new machine! Keep on hunting! You will be making excellent finds in no time! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back