First hunt with the Attack coil...A couple of ?

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got out this morning for about 2 hours for my first hunt with my new Nel Attack coin on my AT Pro. I think I am going to like the coil but I believe it has a learning curve just like anything else. I was in a small park I have hit many times and was able to still find some clad and a lot of trash. I did find a couple of things I would like to find a little more about. A metal toy soldier and a couple pieces of lead. The one looks like a small musket ball and the other looks to be the size of a 22...but I am not someone who knows much about this subject so that is why I am looking for a little help. I was also hoping someone would have an idea of the age of the soldier. I am thinking this was the last hunt of the season as it is going to get real cold again tonight. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 105
  • mb1.JPG
    mb1.JPG
    405.9 KB · Views: 96
  • m1.JPG
    m1.JPG
    380.7 KB · Views: 112
  • s1.JPG
    s1.JPG
    404.9 KB · Views: 101
  • s2.JPG
    s2.JPG
    422.9 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 6
WORLD WAR 1 LEAD ARMY FIGURE ?? NEAT

I believe Sutphin is right --WW1 lead soldier--possibly from the Manoil company. Very cool old lead toys were sometimes in kits where you made the toy yourself. I found some a while back-submarines, tankers, soldiers on motorcycles, and anti aircraft guns-- very cool-- also lots of info on the net.

Nice digs Pinball! Your lead soldier is part of the "Podfoot" line of postwar soldiers by the Barclay Company, made between 1950-1971. Specifically, yours is a "#948 Soldier Running" in their toy catalog. This line of soldiers are WW2 GI's. Here is one with legs but still missing the barrel of the rifle.
barclay running.jpg

Happy Hunting! Sub 8-)

Hey Pinball, Saturday was warm enough to swing and I see you got out. :thumbsup: How was it swinging the heavier coil? I hunted for a while with my 12" x 15" s.e.f. coil once I received it. The bigger the coil, the more targets it may be trying to ID. My favorite coil is the stock coil for my F75LTD 9" x 11" DD. I now mainly use the big coil in large areas, where there is a little to no trash, or I use it to go over pounded out sites. I use a harness if I am swinging the big coil for a lengthy time.

Thanks for finding that information for me Subterranean. I was very happy to find it and now with that new coil it looks like that park in no longer hunted out :) Now bring on spring. Thanks again

Last edited:
Loco I think I am going to like it. I was only out for two hours in a park with a lot of trash and was still able to hear the coins. It was cold and the ground was half frozen so I was cherry picking a little. The last target was the round disk half cut off in the left side of the picture and it was just over a foot down. When I saw it was a disk shaped item that deep I was sure I had something good...wrong...just some strange lead item. I just got home from a 12 hour shift of plowing snow and with the cold weather coming in hunting might be over until spring, but I hope not. Should give me the time to put my harness together so I can swing this thing in the fields this spring and summer.

Nice find I live in Ann Arbor mid 40s this weekend Im going out Ive had the attack coil on my At pro for many many hunts it pin points very well and goes deeper remember to ground balance at half sensitivity I have had issue with the vdi going crazy only with this coil sometimes little pieces of stuff get caught in the edges I wash the coil with wet rag and it goes away..just in case it happens to you. Summers comin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back