Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, this was a very tough hunt. The amount of melted lead, copper and aluminum that is here will blow your detector up. Not to mention the junk. This site will require a lot of work to get to the good stuff but, it's there. I was surprised that I never found a single coin or flat button but the mealt is everywhere as I suspected. Finds should get better as I clean the site.
Not complaining, I had a great day for a relic nut. My best find on the house site was part of a nickel plated derringer that is way cool and what I think is a cufflink. Got tired of digging mealt so I moved away from the house site to an old orchard about 100 yards away and found a fired pistol ball and my best find of the day. It's a Virginia souvenir badge that says, worlds exposition on it. It's in great shape. I haven't had time to research it yet so welcome any info. Let me know what you think. Thanks for looking.View attachment 1261123 uploadfromtaptalk1452979265886.jpguploadfromtaptalk1452979549302.jpguploadfromtaptalk1452979613988.jpguploadfromtaptalk1452979613988.jpguploadfromtaptalk1452979631716.jpg
If you can't tell from pic, date on badge is 1893
HH, Relic Nut

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1452979356215.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1452979356215.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Upvote 19
That's a great start is the cuff link mother of pearl love the gun and badge well done

That's a great start is the cuff link mother of pearl love the gun and badge well done
I think so, thanks. This site will take a lot of work, but I dig it! Lol

HH, Relic Nut

Most older Home Sites around here are just like that one + 50 years of Modern Aluminum..
Very Nice Medal... I'm thinking.......A few years back I dug something Similar (Getting Old).
Similar Design Maybe Cotton Expedition 1892 or 1898 & just the Bottom piece ..I think :BangHead:.

Also seen similar in American Digger & E&W treasures Mags.
Def,a Keeper imo.

At those type of sites (Melt that sounds like Silver & Similar VDI #'s) I think it best to get the smallest coil possible and dig most everything.

Not much different than digging 500 pulltabs at a park for 1 Small gold ring.:icon_scratch:
Plus u get more variety...:coffee2:
Davers

Good advice and I agree. Was thinking sniper coil all day
I have several sites like this and need to add to the arsenal. Thanks

HH, Relic Nut

Nice finds. Your souvenir pin badge is from The World's Columbian Exposition, held in Chicago in 1893. It would have had a pin attached to the back of the top portion. World's Columbian Exposition: Introduction Here is a similar one from Ohio-

s-l1600.jpg

Here is a fire damaged Morgan dollar that I dug several years ago-

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice finds. Your souvenir pin badge is from The World's Columbian Exposition, held in Chicago in 1893. It would have had a pin attached to the back of the top portion. World's Columbian Exposition: Introduction Here is a similar one from Ohio-

s-l1600.jpg

Here is a fire damaged Morgan dollar that I dug several years ago-

attachment.php

attachment.php
Thanks for the link. You can see on the back where the pin was. Thanks again![emoji106]

HH, Relic Nut

Good advice and I agree. Was thinking sniper coil all day
I have several sites like this and need to add to the arsenal. Thanks

HH, Relic Nut

I also , have been procrastinating on a Sniper Coil for the Tejon.
&
My almost 20 year old XLT (i hate to say) is on it's last leg , & tho I have an 8" Coil for it ,it was off an "Older" Whites Coin Master "BIG BOX" & Gives Super high VDI#'s on the xlt 'targets are about 10 pt's higher than they should be'.

Tho my Tejon & Now Fixed?? 1266-X are great Relic Machines I just don't have the Patience for (No Screen) in trashy areas.

So ASAP I want either a F75se or T2Ltd se or At Pro ..Cause of the water proof abilities
Heck would love a TDI or GPX Series Machine but there are only a few spots I have access to that are clean enough & May? have Deep CW Relics Hiding to justify the Cost.
Well maybe a Used TDI would fit my small budget
.. TMI I Know ..GL
Davers

Last edited:
Nice bunch of relics Joe! I'm having about the same "luck" as you (though you've done better so far) on a recently hunted site. Here's to both of us improving on our finds :occasion14:

Great job cleaning up the site,keep going the good stuff's really near now!"Grid off" the yard ,while it may seem to be too "official"a way to do it the results will make up for it,believe me! HH

That badge is VERY cool. I wish I had found something similar

NUT SOME FINE RELICS YOU GOT THERE ...

Very interesting finds, I say you are finding no coins because the old guy was a nervous miser who buried every coin in an old mason jar under the chicken coop and always carried his derringer in case anybody started snooping around. Even went so far as to wear an exposition badge to fool people into thinking he was a law man. Time for a return visit . :laughing7:

Your 1893 Columbian Exposition Worlds Fair Badge is an excellent find. You were lucky to find it with the hangar bar still attached. I found one last Spring from Illinois, but the hangar bar was found about 3 ft. from the badge itself. I was glad to have found both pieces. Soak it it olive oil for a week & it will make it look real nice, & bring out the detail.

That Exposition Badge is a top shelf find.
Congrats
Thanks guys. I love the badge. Other than the gun I was having a slow day. This was one of my last finds and was a good ways from the house. I was just wondering around and it was in the middle of know where. That's how good finds usually happen for me. It was a great way to end the day.

HH, Relic Nut

It's funny how one can find pretty darned good finds among rubble and trash. Just gotta keep pulling those plugs. That exposition badge is really cool.

Most older Home Sites around here are just like that one + 50 years of Modern Aluminum..
Very Nice Medal... I'm thinking.......A few years back I dug something Similar (Getting Old).
Similar Design Maybe Cotton Expedition 1892 or 1898 & just the Bottom piece ..I think :BangHead:.

Also seen similar in American Digger & E&W treasures Mags.
Def,a Keeper imo.

At those type of sites (Melt that sounds like Silver & Similar VDI #'s) I think it best to get the smallest coil possible and dig most everything.

Not much different than digging 500 pulltabs at a park for 1 Small gold ring.:icon_scratch:
Plus u get more variety...:coffee2:
Davers
just curious--if your going to dig everything --why put on a smaller coil?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back