Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, this may be long.
I've been looking to buy a CTX for about a month. I have read all the books, watched endless video and talked to a few t-net members who swing them and gotten lots of advice (thanks guys). I also have talked with many vendors here and other places. Finally decided to pull the trigger and went with Keith at Fort Bedford Detecters. He gave me a great deal and is a great guy. I ordered it on Thur the 22 and was shocked when the FedEx man was knocking on my door at noon on Xmas Eve. Today I headed to a site close to home that we have hunted many times in the last couple of years. This site has a lot of iron but good finds have gotten scarese. You can still get one or two a hunt but you have to work for it. I figured it would be a great place to try it out. I found a flat button, the knob off of a lattern, part of a shoe buckle and a cool anchor something, not sure what it is off of. Also found a harmonic reed and a nice brass buckle. Best find of the day was an old coin, 8 inches deep but I'm not sure what it is yet. I have been working on it and will update when I know. So far I can make out 186? and that is it on the front. It is copper and has what looks like a wreath on the back. It's a little smaller than a quarter and bigger than a nickel. Don't know, I'll keep working on it and update later. Also found the usual junk. Yes, every detecter finds it. IMG_20161226_144331866.jpgIMG_20161226_151607391.jpghttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5861a2cabf803/IMG_20161226_151651871.jpg?
IMG_20161226_151634492.jpgIMG_20161226_151651871.jpg Thanks for looking.

HH RN

Upvote 15
Wow you are now swinging the CTX :icon_thumleft: Congrats on taking the leap. Looks like you did pretty well using it for the detector for the 1st time. I believe that coin may be a 2 cent piece.

two-cent-piece.jpg

Wow you are now swinging the CTX :icon_thumleft: Congrats on taking the leap. Looks like you did pretty well using it for the detector for the 1st time. I believe that coin may be a 2 cent piece.

View attachment 1394947
Wow! Could be LD. I have it soaking in room temperature peroxide know and it is getting better. Hope that is it! I'll keep you updated. Thanks. I have a long way to go with the CTX but I will get it dialed in in due time. Felt good in my hand.

HH RN

Hope the coin cleans up good

Holy Cow Manure my friend!!!!

I've been swinging mine over 50 hours now. Got a few very sweet finds. You're right out of the gate!!!! Congratulations :)

Hey Relic Nut, congrats on the upgrade! My hunting buddy (who moved to Texas) swung a 3030 and I was SO impressed how he would follow behind me and pick good stuff out!! Actually, he would find it, and then see if my ATP would pick it up...I never failed to find a target, but I had to work extra hard to get any signal..I had just started detecting so it was great training. Good luck on your future hunts...ddf

Hey LD, I'm sure that's what it is. Don't know if you can tell from picture but I can make out the top of the two with the loop now that I know what I'm looking for. Thanks Bud!! I'll keep working on it.
146cd6c83a985e1f4644986a29b7899b.jpg

HH RN

That's funny as hell! I also was hunting a cellar hole a couple days ago with the CTX and found a brass buckle and TWO reeds,so I'm up a reed and down the other stuff,except for a nice 2" crotal bell I found also...:laughing7:
Firstly,that's an astounding delivery time! Secondly,that's an astounding result for a first time user in a site that's apparently been plucked pretty clean! Although it's technically fairly heavy,with use of the arm cuff it is balanced perfectly,and those who want one but are concerned about the weight with the stock coil,the fears are in my opinion,unfounded. It's some coin to shell out but it's a JOY to use,as has been said MANY a time before.
Great start Relic! And if my memory serves me correctly,if you see a wreath with 186? and it's within the size you stated,there's nothing else it COULD be except a 2 cent piece. Let us know for sure!

Boy, relic nut.........Merry Christmas to you!! A newer, deeper detector and a great find right out of the box!! Can't wait to see your goodies once you get the language figured out!!

Congratualtions on the maiden voyage with the Minelab CTX 3030, you found some very nice things! :occasion14:

Keep at it Joe. The CTX is the type of machine that users never stop learning. I've had mine two years, and 1000's of hours, and I'm still evolving. Nice start!

Hey LD, I'm sure that's what it is. Don't know if you can tell from picture but I can make out the top of the two with the loop now that I know what I'm looking for. Thanks Bud!! I'll keep working on it.
146cd6c83a985e1f4644986a29b7899b.jpg

HH RN

That is definitely a 2 cent coin rn. :hello2: Good find, I have only dug one and that was in 2015.

That is definitely a 2 cent coin rn. :hello2: Good find, I have only dug one and that was in 2015.
First for me! Thanks to you, I now know what it is.

HH RN

That's an excellent first hunt, Joe! I was as shocked as you were to see it arrived Saturday... but thankful it was able to make Christmas even more enjoyable!

And congrats on the 2 center! It looks like you will have no problem picking good targets out of the trash at all of your good sites.... it may keep you busy for a while. :icon_thumright:

Nice find, congrats, I have never found one of those.

You can see the bottom of the wreath is the same. 2 cent piece cool. Great finds man.

Great job I also got the 3030 book and I am learning the machine and will buy one in the next month or two I have the AT PRO and am ready to upgrade Thanks for the post if you have any input on the 3030 as compared to the AT PRO would be great

Congrats on a Great start with the new machine!!

Great job I also got the 3030 book and I am learning the machine and will buy one in the next month or two I have the AT PRO and am ready to upgrade Thanks for the post if you have any input on the 3030 as compared to the AT PRO would be great
That's great A2. Your doing just what I did. I read and studyd the book and watched lots of ytube videos before I bought it. That got me familiar with it before it even came. Biggest thing I see so far compared to the Atp is you must slow down your swing. It will really tell you alot if you give it time. Good luck

HH RN

Good first outing RN.When the 3030 unit first came out, I ran into a guy using one and it was very apparent that it has a significant learning curve. You figured it out quickly. WTG, Q.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back