🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
C628CAE9-98B9-476B-8B36-9DA256E972ED.jpeg

My 700 arrived last night. Had some time at lunch to swing my best site for about 45 minutes. Park1, Sensitivity 21, Ground balanced and Noise canceled. All settings stock.

This site is 1750 to maybe 1810, zero modern trash. Found state coppers and many buttons here. Everything is deep here and lots of old iron in the ground.

The detector ran very smooth, but kept locking in on 91-96 signals swinging in multiple directions. First 9 targets were crusty bits of iron, one iron spoon handle, a couple small 25-28 signal targets that were very small pieces of brass or lead and then I dug one more of the deep 91-96 signals and popped out a clod of dirt that dropped to solid 61/61. The etched tombac button.

Any idea why the sweet deep high tones are prevalent? Do I need to adjust the FE settings?

Upvote 15

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 2087783
My 700 arrived last night. Had some time at lunch to swing my best site for about 45 minutes. Park1, Sensitivity 21, Ground balanced and Noise canceled. All settings stock.

This site is 1750 to maybe 1810, zero modern trash. Found state coppers and many buttons here. Everything is deep here and lots of old iron in the ground.

The detector ran very smooth, but kept locking in on 91-96 signals swinging in multiple directions. First 9 targets were crusty bits of iron, one iron spoon handle, a couple small 25-28 signal targets that were very small pieces of brass or lead and then I dug one more of the deep 91-96 signals and popped out a clod of dirt that dropped to solid 61/61. The etched tombac button.

Any idea why the sweet deep high tones are prevalent? Do I need to adjust the FE settings?
Congrats on the beautiful button!

I just got a 900 yesterday myself & trying to learn it. On your FE/iron bias i believe if its increased too much you can lose deep good targets. The higher the FE setting, the more it will disc out the iron. I hope that helps.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful button! I have the 600 and watched many vids and experimented. I use Field 2 pretty much exclusively, but adjust recovery speed and iron bias based on whether I'm looking for depth or separation in trashy areas, plus the 6" coil. Watch the vids on how to best adjust the settings for your environment and try them out- you'll be killing it in no time- GL!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
700 is a good machine, and definitely a bit improved in several areas over the 600. It is more rugged, and I notice some differences in case construction, and button protection. Mine has been in the water as much as out of the water, and it's performance is very good underwater. On my second hunt I got a platinum ring that paid for the machine×2 !! Since then it's been one nice recovery after another !! Including an 8 reale, and an old candle stick, and several more good rings along with a handful of tungsten carbide!! Im only just getting to know this new machine, and although it feels and has many similarities to the 600 the most challenging has been the all new range on the vdi numbers. Dig it all !!

Last edited:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2087783

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread