What's new

First Keeper!

JasonB

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
750
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Location
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Well it's my second time trying it and I only got three rolls but, I hit a 1968-D! It felt like I had won the lottery.

I'm hooked. It's much easier than digging holes.

I also picked up some dimes. Anybody got a quick class on "edge checking" the dimes??

Jason
 

Attachments

  • First one.webp
    First one.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 281
Upvote 0
Congrats on your find.

Cat
 
JasonB said:
I also picked up some dimes. Anybody got a quick class on "edge checking" the dimes??

Jason
Congrats on the half. Look for silver. Class dismissed.....LOL
 
I'll just looked at all the dates. I don't trust the edges, at least not yet.

Thanks for the class.
 
Congrats on your find.
Keep looking, they are there, somewhere! :o
 
Bayquest said:
Congrats on your find.
Keep looking, they are there, somewhere! :o
several years ago i was invited on a hunt, a friend of mine asked if i could help with a search using my metal detectors. this friend was an old retired prison guard. some may have heard this story but this one is mine and factual. its centers around the prison in carson city. well the hunt was for the robbery loot from years earlier. the inmate used to tell my friend that he could look out his cell window and see where he stashed his gold. before he died he told my friend where it was stashed in a general location. well guess what! it is smack dab in a cemetary in carson city. i refused to search. call it superstition or what but no way was i even going to step foot in that cemetary. i was in the same cell , looked in the same area he could have seen and sure enough, its a cemetary. Regards Dan'0
 
If you have any silver dimes put them in a roll while in your hand. That will show you what to look for.
 
That's good advice. I do have some merc's at home and I'll do just that.

Thanks for taking my somewhat stupid question seriously. :)
 
Try the edge search....the silver will stick out like a sore thumb.

lestelle5 said:
Bayquest said:
Congrats on your find.
Keep looking, they are there, somewhere! :o
several years ago i was invited on a hunt, a friend of mine asked if i could help with a search using my metal detectors. this friend was an old retired prison guard. some may have heard this story but this one is mine and factual. its centers around the prison in carson city. well the hunt was for the robbery loot from years earlier. the inmate used to tell my friend that he could look out his cell window and see where he stashed his gold. before he died he told my friend where it was stashed in a general location. well guess what! it is smack dab in a cemetary in carson city. i refused to search. call it superstition or what but no way was i even going to step foot in that cemetary. i was in the same cell , looked in the same area he could have seen and sure enough, its a cemetary. Regards Dan'0

Was this loot ever found?
 
Congrats oon your first find and welcome to your new addiction ...hhahaha. I mean hobby .. wtg and may there be many more keepers to come
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom