What's new

First LC and Finally broke the 1800s.....

civilman1

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2005
Messages
9,388
Reaction score
1,685
Golden Thread
0
Location
PA-MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First LC and Finally broke the 1800's.....

I did It......I found my first LC today plus I finally broke into the 1800's......I'm still pumped until I find out the year......All because I needed to sight the rifle in.Gonna try Don in SJ's method,hope it work's......Enjoy!! Definetley gonna post a cleaned up Pic if it allow's....Thank's........First Coppa!!!!!!
 

Attachments

  • PB180015.webp
    PB180015.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 971
  • PB180016.webp
    PB180016.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 963
  • PB180027.webp
    PB180027.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 961
  • PB180031.webp
    PB180031.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 963
Upvote 0
Re: First LC and Finally broke the 1800's.....

great find civilman ! I bet your on cloud 9 now , i hope you can figure out the date and let us know ;) congrats
 
Re: First LC and Finally broke the 1800's.....

Mine was a 1836 so yours HAS to be a 1835. ;D
Seriously, Congratulations big time!!!
Bring it to the next hunt. Howard and I can't wait to see it LIVE!
 
Re: First LC and Finally broke the 1800's.....

Nice find. I have broken into the 1800's, but I have yet to get a LC. Great find and keep em coming...
 
Re: First LC and Finally broke the 1800's.....

A great find CMan---Hope it cleans up nice---Good hunt
 
Re: First LC and Finally broke the 1800's.....

Congrats!
 
Re: First LC and Finally broke the 1800's.....

way to go on a great find!!!!
 
Re: First LC and Finally broke the 1800's.....

Nice large cent. Looks like it might even clean up more.
 
Re: First LC and Finally broke the 1800's.....

Thank's everyone.....Still can't tell the date but it's my first and my first......It's an awesome feeling to join the LC Club.....I've witnessed two recovery's so far but none were mine....It's Miller Time!!!!!
 
Re: First LC and Finally broke the 1800's.....

Congrats on your first big copper im still waiting on mine.!!!!!
 
Re: First LC and Finally broke the 1800's.....

Nice! Still haven't found a large cent. With all the CW stuff you dig, you were bound to get there eventually. Hope it cleans up well.
 
Re: First LC and Finally broke the 1800's.....

Gribnitz said:
Nice! Still haven't found a large cent. With all the CW stuff you dig, you were bound to get there eventually. Hope it cleans up well.
Thank's....and Grib,I want one of your "avatar's",still the elusive one.......Still pumped,more so for breaking the 1800's...
 
Re: First LC and Finally broke the 1800's.....

Civil,
CONGRATS to you Big Guy!!! Great find. I haven't found a lot of coins yet, and the LC is one of them. :'(
Have a great holiday.
-Doug-
 
Re: First LC and Finally broke the 1800's.....

Thank's MM...Probably wasn't 80 yrd.'s from this old place...HH!!
 

Attachments

  • 2005_1231Image0005.webp
    2005_1231Image0005.webp
    36 KB · Views: 868
  • 2005_1231Image0005.webp
    2005_1231Image0005.webp
    36 KB · Views: 864
Re: First LC and Finally broke the 1800's.....

civilman1 said:
Thank's MM...Probably wasn't 80 yrd.'s from this old place...HH!!

Very neat hunting spot Civil.
Anything hidden in the walls? ;)
-MM-
 
Re: First LC and Finally broke the 1800's.....

Big congrats man.

It is a great feeling to pull those coins up. I'd hunt the place hard.

HH Jer
 
Re: First LC and Finally broke the 1800's.....

Congrats On your first Large Cent! May you find many more. I really like that picture of the area your hunting. Like I've said before, we just don't have that kind of open space on Long Island. Are you allowed to hunt all that open countryside? Cause if you can, you should just wander like Johnny Appleseed with a detector and swing all over that land.
 
Re: First LC and Finally broke the 1800's.....

HELL YES FIELDs ROCK
 
Re: First LC and Finally broke the 1800's.....

Congratulations ! What a great find. That old place looks like an awesome site!

Good luck deer hunting this week!
 
Re: First LC and Finally broke the 1800's.....

Now that's stepping into the 1800's with BOTH feet.
Congrats,
Jules
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom